Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 03:29 PM   #1
JDTanstaafl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a purpose to the Myrkul holy symbol that you find in the Vale? I know in TotL there is a holy symbol you need to continue, but what about this one?

At the same time, is there a use for the honeyed leather or thistledown you can find at the Hand?

Finally, is there a way to follow that Drow merchant? There was talk of boots and potions of levitation in the area, but so far no see.

JDTanstaafl
Old 07-04-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
Witch King
Dungeon Master

Welcome to ironworks!

Hmm.....this is going back along time......

This is coming from the depths of my (very bad) memory, but no i dont think you do need it. However, ive got a 0.01% feeling that you may need it for something. My advice in this scenario is to simply put it in the house to the right of the tavern in kuldahar.

The bits you mentioned from the severed hand do have a use (again this is coming from my bad memory). You certainly have to give certain things to the characters in the minor towers to get things in return, ie holy water, but im not sure if honeyed leather is one of them. Again stash it with your holy symbol.

I can safely say that no levitation boots exist..this has came up a few times on the forum though.

Best of look with the rest of the game
Old 07-04-2002, 07:16 PM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

The symbol of myrkul is a key, it is used to open the big double doors that lead to mytos in the vale of shadows, you know the guy who summons myrkuls sending. So after you have entered there just drop it, because most most people dont know the door is locked (they already have the symbol in inv so door opens) they tend to carry the symbol about till the end of the the game and its just a waste of inventory space
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 10:38 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have never found a use for the honeyed leather or thistledown in IWD, HOW or TOL.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 06:13 PM   #5
dragonslayer
Manshoon

if you want to kill the drow, just click attack on him once and your characters will follow him around until he's dead, he'll just teleport around
Old 07-12-2002, 06:19 PM   #6
Malystrom
Dungeon Master

There is no use for the honeyleather or the thisledown! You can only sell them to the salesman at the Severed Hand if you want to get any money!
Malystrom is offline   Reply With Quote