Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #41
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Nivram

"Actually, come to think of it, we don't really know where we are headed. The only thing I seem to remember us wanting to do, was to get that piece of scum," he pointed at Jason, "to some form of justice that is different of a simple roadside execution. He might be a bandit, but I guess he deserves the right to a trial. Unfortunately, as my companions shall tell you, I'm biased in this matter, so I shouldn't really try him," Nivram indicated with a finger over his throat the treatment he'd like to reserve the bandit.

"So, as you might have understood, it is not a good idea to be friendly with him. You never know when he'll slit your throat if you let him too close..."
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #42
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

The old man pauses in his slow gait and looks back to Nivram, "Ah, that is unfortunate. Well, if it is justice that you seek, then any town with a magistrate should do, eh? The town I am travelling to, Veridan, fills that criteria and more. It is not so far from here, only a few days journey by the main roads. Might you accompany me there?"
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #43
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

Dusting his hands on the old shirt he wore, the boy gave the old man a critical look. They'd dreamt into the afternoon and chances are they'd make little progress if they now broke camp and set out. They could walk through the night of course, but it would be a lie to say he felt rested.

"No offence old-timer," challenged Ydalon the old man's back, "but do you think y'can keep up with us?"

He grinned, then went on to explain.

"'cause you see..," and here he rubbed the vaguely meteor-shaped mark on his forehead, "I'm on a mission from the Master and there's some False Lords, like, what we need to deal with 'fore he gets back and turns angry.
"It might get all bloody and I for one can't promise an old man stays safe, so if you go walking with us you could need more than rheumy bones."

Ah, the insolence of youth. The lad's blue eyes stared unblinking and confident.

"Here, what do you think of the Lords of Vision in these parts anyway?"
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #44
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

There was something about this old man. Wandering so freely up to them, even carelessly one could say. What if they were bandits, or highwaymen, or even murderers? Yes, there was definitely more to him than meets the eye.

"Master?" Telryn asked, "False Lords? Who is this master, and these Lords who've wronged you?"

"Never heard him speak like that, this boy knows something..."

"I for one," Telryn started, voicing his opinion for the first time in a short while, "Think it would be best if we turn our backs on Talryr as fast as it is possible."

As he glanced between the faces surrounding him, he realised how contradicting he had just been. It wasn't long ago he had wanted to go and help the town.

"Well," he sharply added "As Nivram said, they've been less than friendly towards us. The chance of a warm inn in a friendly town is something we should not turn our noses up at so easily."

Giving Jason a quick glare before he once again addressed the old man in particular - "I would say the more the merrier, but speaking from recent previous experience that is not always the case. Prove us wrong, aye?"
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #45
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason slowly, unthreateningly, stood. He cracked his shoulders and knuckles slowly, As if he was going to speak. But instead of speaking he just smiled at Nivram, a slow,sacrcastic smile that suggested he would like to nothing more than slit his throat. Yet he held his tongue. He knew a man in Veridan, and that man was very high up. If he was still alive, then he would get him out of this mess.
Hopefully he was still alive. Jason knew him before everything went wrong, he hoped his appearance hadnt changed too much and the old goat son might recognize him
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #46
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion

The old man, pauses to look back at the youngest of this group, who chooses to speak so boldly.
"I have little time for 'masters' and 'Lords,' young one; however, I have not the audacity to argue with you on that subject. If this group decides to allow me to travel with you, you'll find my rheumatoid (arthritis) is but a trifle. As for my safety, I will be safer with a group, as long as you intend me no harm. Besides which, I know when to get out of the way."
"And, as for your self-proclaimed 'Lords of Vision' here, I would say they are not to be sought after in Talryr. With the mobs still rampant, they will have difficulty returning order for some time. Whether one should seek them out otherwise, largely depends on the person."
As he speaks. the old man begins to seem younger and more vibrant. There is certainly an energy there that is not visible upon first inspection.
Looking about the group for their consensus, the old man speaks again, "My suggestion from experience in these parts is to put some distance between us and this town. If you are so opposed, I would have to wonder why? I will not continue to linger near this place so great in violence and upheaval. I may not travel far this night, but I will be away from this accursed place!"
The last is not said as a challenge or an accusation, merely a statement. It is abundantly clear that this aged man (perhaps "geezer?") wants nothing more to do with Talryr, and may even be truly afraid.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #47
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

A big grin.

"Here, I know that. We're just through running those thugs out of town."

The boy smiled at Isokla, lowering his young voice.
"Was that a neat star-shower or what? I know I liked it."

"I'm Ydalon," Ydalon told the energetic fossil.
"And since you're coming along the lady here'll give you your share of chores. Let's pack up."
Old 04-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #48
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quirking an eyebrow at the reference to "chores," the old man smiles warmly.
"To Veridan, then?"

Last edited by Dron_Cah; 04-12-2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: color tags... oops!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #49
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Isokla said nothing for a long moment, and then she nodded, “Very well, I have no objection.” Shaking her head, she sighed, As to chores... just try to keep up with the rest of us for now. Maybe you can chop vegetables when we set up camp, fetch water or the like.”

Her gaze drifted to Nivram and Jason; the expression she wore clearly painted her face as disliking the latter's smile at the former.
I suggest you watch him,” she stared icily at Jason, but addressed no one in particular, If we awake to a cut throat, or throats... ”

She turned to Ydalon and smiled,
You've yet to tell me of your mission, my lord. Perhaps you can elaborate along the way...?”

---
OOC: I'm sure everyone can continue to post, or we can move the journey along. Your call guys.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #50
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

"You know how it goes, highness," the youngster said, a little ways down the road. "You rent a big room, like, so we can talk in peace and the men arrange free lodging someplace else and the women get their own place an' kick you out. Now I'm just little but you're not making it easy for me."

He stripped the leaves off a bough in passing.

"I told you 'bout the boroughmaster before, no? Well, turns out that he wasn't in town and neither were most of his trusted guardsmen. I don't know if it's flight or murder or he's been reassigned but I do know the new power's with those Lords of Vision. You've all seen them spreading faith by that bridge, plain highway robbery with a bit o' divine justification, and those what don't buy it can get a pike in the leg or some arrow to the chest.
"I'm not saying there's no good lords, like, but here in the Outlands they get scarce."

He hopped along for a few steps, sling swaying dangerously as he peeled a pebble or a small chunk of wood from his old right boot.

"Now I'm sure you heard all those prophecies and all so I won't go boring people with those, but you see why there's no place for thugs and murderers and power-hungry fools what go around warping the teachings of the Master, not now and not when he returns neither."

He smiled, showing his teeth.

"If you thought Talryr was a mess now, it's real tidy an' liveable compared to what'd happen if those people stayed in power. That star storm was a little warning, left plenty of buildings standing. Those fires, that's people seeing they need to get rid of the rot, yes?"

"Now with a bit of luck, if we don't go too fast, they'll hear of it down in Veridan before we get there and they won't need another demonstration."