Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2001, 06:05 AM   #1
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

I know the answer to this is prob going to be Bg2 but i havent played any but Bg2 not any of the main new ones anyway.
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 06:17 AM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That is difficult, because it's always the one I'm playing currently that is my favourite! However, though it is very dated now, the game I remember with most affection, and that I got the most gameplay from, was Daggerfall (from Bethesda Softworks).
I have also very much enjoyed the Might&Magic series from 3DO (not to be confused with Hero's of Might & Magic which I don't like) In M&M 6, you got to have a Dragon on your team , which was cool!
Another great favourite of mine is a game no-one but me seems to have even heard of: Albion (Blue Byte). VERY dated now, but I played it over and over, even though you had little in the way of team options, and no game options at all!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 07:06 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

albion i think i heard of that whats it about?
Old 05-07-2001, 08:07 AM   #4
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
albion i think i heard of that whats it about?
Well, to quote from the box: "It is the year 2227 and the gigantic interstellar factory ship TORONTO cruises towards a lifeless planet endowed with a wealth of minerals. Whilst studying the planet in his shuttle craft, the pilot, Tom Driscoll, crash lands. Against all expectations he survives to discover his craft has landed on a world rich in flora and fauna - and inhabited by intelligent beings. How could the data on the planet Albion be so wrong?"

Your adventures begin. You aquire a team of up to 6, including cat-like inhabitants. You go up in level like in BG, and you have spell-casters each with their own brand of magic, but you don't get to create your own characters. The most annoying thing about it is the amount of speech text you have to wade through that overlays the action screen - and also, on todays computers, the pixels look mighty big! Standards have improved hugely now!
I really liked it though, and played it again quite recently when i hadn't got anything else I fancied playing and had not got any BG games.

Oh, and you do even more walking about than you do in BG, exploring places!
------------------

Fljotsdale

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-07-2001).]
Old 05-07-2001, 08:29 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

yeah i have played that game! i remember i liked it but i only had the demo and it annoyed me greatly. aaarrrrgghhh now im frustrated again
Old 05-07-2001, 01:13 PM   #6
Aurican
Elminster

Other than BG or any from that series, I really liked Sierra's Quest for Glory series. My favorite from that would probably be the first, "So you want to be a Hero?" That game had some very interesting humour that I still think was hilarious.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 01:41 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I like any of the 1st person-oriented games. Currently, I've gotten the most mileage out of Wizards and Warriors. Before that, it was Daggerfall, then Arena, and most of the Wizardry series. I also really enjoyed the Might and Magic games (although I really disliked the sci-fi aspect of the later ones. NWC has caught a lot of flack for that recently).

My overall favorite: Hands down, it's Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant. Reaaaally looking forward to Wizardry 8! (I'd better: I'm the moderator of that forum! )

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 01:41 PM   #8
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Darkstone - what else!!!

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 02:24 PM   #9
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
yeah i have played that game! i remember i liked it but i only had the demo and it annoyed me greatly. aaarrrrgghhh now im frustrated again
If you happen to live in England or Europe, AzureWolf, I could send you my copy, if you'd like it? The graphics ARE dated, though, and it shows on modern computers

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 05-07-2001, 06:11 PM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

other than a game from the BG series, id hafta say Ultima Underworld. it was the first Comp game i ever played, which is probably y im such an RPG fan, and i also loved that game cuz it was challenging even for a game of that time!
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote