Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2003, 02:48 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Am I the only one who has these? Say you remember or witness something funny, and just break out in a fit of the giggles. I had one today.

I was reading a paper in a cafe this morning, eating a slice of toast and drinking orange juice. I suddenly remembered a few years before when I was still at school, one break time in an empty formroom. My friends had been throwing a cheese stick around (don't ask ) and Friend 1 had hit Friend 2 in the eyes with a cheese stick. Friend 2 leaped at Friend 1 in a fit of rage and they struggled on the floor and were rolling around, hitting each other under the table. Anyway, eventually, Friend 2 gets up and runs out of the room laughing. Friend 1, shocked by Friend 2's behaviour, got up. All returned to normal. So, he sat down, and as we were all behind him we could see what Friend 2 had been laughing at. He had stuck a cheese stick to the back of Friend 1's head The hilarity came when we realised Friend 1 was oblivious to this

Anyway, as I said before, I was in a cafe, reading a paper, and suddenly I recalled this incident. At first I chuckled a bit. And then a bit more. I started laughing under my breath, and then tried hiding behind my paper as my shoulders started to shake. In the end I was almost breathless. I lowered my paper and saw most of the cafe looking at me from the corners of their eyes. I was so embarrassed!

So, what I want to know is has this type of incident happened to you? Have you been humiliated by a blast from the past, or have you just had the giggles for no reason?

FYI, I kind of chuckled writing this
Old 02-13-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Yeah, i know whatcha thinking. My mother dies her hair in some spectacular colours (or used to; played havoc with her hair so she stopped). One of these colours was bright pink. She was taking us to the doctors and an old guy was walking the other way....kept looking at this woman with the bright pink hair and walked into a lampost...we were laughing for like, half an hour

Or there was this other occasion-we were in the graphic products room supposed to be doing our CWK and we got a bit silly. One of the boys ran up to the doorway and plastered his face across it, complete with tongue sticking out.....just as the teacher came in...ROFL!

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:15 PM   #3
realbinky
Elminster

They only get worse when you try not to do it. I was in Calculus 3, Freshman year in college, and I and a freind just started giggling during the lecture. It was a small lecture and we were near the professor, only a couple rows back in a normal classroom. We were both turning red trying to stop, we were silent, but barely and shaking trying to control it. We could not look at each other, if we did we would not have held it in. If I tried to take notes and spied him from the corner of my eye it was torture. I had to look down at my desk, with my hand over my face to hold it in. I had tears I was laughing so hard, but silently. Once the lecture was over, and everyone was leaving, the pressure just dissipated, it was the effort to hold it in when we had to that made it so bad. I'm NOT the giggling type and I have no idea where that came from.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:21 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I know what you mean! There have been times when I'm talking with Nacht and something strikes me as hilarious and I just can't stop giggling! Even if he gives me one of those 'she's a nutter but I love her' looks!
Old 02-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #5
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I had the same kind of gigglefest in a small group seminar with the leading proponent on Markian primacy. It was his pet project and no matter what we were supposed to be discussing he would turn the topic to his idea. As he droned on I whispered to the student next to me that the prof was correct because Matthew was deaf and never heard the oral tradition. We laughed so hard, trying to suppress it that my friend fell out of his chair. That woke the prof up and he wanted to know what was so funny. My friend made the mistake of telling him. All the other students began laughing which led to a a half hour lecture on, you guessed it, taking Markian primacy seriously.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:29 PM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by realbinky:
They only get worse when you try not to do it.
I know that's true I've tried not to do it on numerous occasions, and it probably've been better if I had let my laughter out in the first place. When you're with someone it's even worse!
Old 02-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

In the middle of the Rowers annual dinner at my rowling club, in the middle of the speech being given by the senior chariman of the board I kept laughing hysterically, biting my tougne in an effort to stop laughing, the annoying thing was that it was joke I had heard a comdeian said but it wasn't THAT funny. Its wierd how things seem the most humourous when you know you're in situations where you can't laugh
Old 02-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Dude, i have those moments all the time. My life is one giant flashback.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:43 PM   #9
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Horatio and Kaltia, your stories are probably going to wind up giving me some of those "giggle" moments. Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 03:50 PM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, that happens to me a lot. Especially this one incident.

Me, my bro and my friend did 'missions' at night, where we snuck out and checked out a place of interest. Well, BJ's (a store where things come in huge quantites) was built on a hill, so you could acces the roof from the hill. So, we just go down the road, cross the highway, and get there. Unforutanetly, they had sensor lights, so we had to run like hell. We checked out one other place before heading back. We went there and back by crossing this large overgrown piece of land. Well, going back, we hit these really tall plants (look like Bamboo, but the inside is hollow and the wood stuff is really thin. We couldn't get through, cuz it was so thick, but my neighboor led the way (now take into consideration that his not fat, but big) so he just lifted his arms in the air and just started running foward. It looked hilarious, he was running foward, trampeling this plants, with his arms in the air.

Another time, we went on the lake (really a pond) in the winter, same group (me, my bro, and Marc, our neighboor) and well, the pond was frozen. I realized it would brake, so I ventured close to the land. Marc went very far out, my brother following him. THen my brother goes "Marc, its gonna break!" So he starts heading out. Marc says "No it won't, we can stretch its limits" and he goes, and the whole thing brakes on him. He tries to climb up on the other ice, but it brakes, so he can't get up. He screaming "Agh" everytime it breaks, and its looks funny seeing him jumping and it braking. To be honest, it was so hilarious I fell on the ground cracking up, my ribs were hurting and I pissed in my pants. But it was well worth it seeing him doing that for about 2 minutes until he reached the land.