Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2002, 03:46 AM   #91
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Yorick

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 12-24-2002, 03:54 AM   #92
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

No worries. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-24-2002, 07:29 AM   #93
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
An Arab once told me that they are taught that the earth is divided into the House of Islam and the House of War, and that they believe that the whole eart will one day be in the House of Islam.
What I get from that is that they believe the only way to peace is to be brought into Islam.

This must be where they get the "world peace" = "world islamic rule"
Old 12-24-2002, 07:41 AM   #94
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Somehow i don't think that's gonna happen.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:23 PM   #95
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Not until they develop a lot better military capability.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:14 AM   #96
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Let's hope they don't move on from a few lunatics with some box cutters.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-27-2002, 06:51 AM   #97
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Let's hope they don't move on from a few lunatics with some box cutters.[/QUOTE]Ah but that wasn't what they were really armed with. They were armed with the willingness to die for their cause. The human spirit.

Imagine if such a spiritual willingness had been used to build and create instead of destroy and tear down. Positive instead of negative. What an amazing race we'd be.

Old 12-27-2002, 06:58 AM   #98
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

And Fred, the entire point I've been making is that by declaring them lunatics, we fail to address the real issues. If you take for one moment, that Islam teaches Martyrdom as assurance of salvation in a religion without any other assurance, then are those men really insane? Are they not following a logical path? There is cause and effect. Logical consequence to their actions.

That is not insanity.

If you are told by kidnappers that your brother is going to die unless you throw tomatos at your local bakery, would you do it? People who didn't understand your motive would presume you a nutter.

I've been trying to understand these guys motives. Let's encourage information - on both sides - rather than ignorance and misinformation. The United States is not Satan. Suicide terrorists are not insane.

[ 12-27-2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

Old 12-27-2002, 07:08 AM   #99
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
And Fred, the entire point I've been making is that by declaring them lunatics, we fail to address the real issues. If you take for one moment, that Islam teaches Martyrdom as assurance of salvation in a religion without any other assurance, then are those men really insane? Are they not following a logical path? There is cause and effect. Logical consequence to their actions.

That is not insanity.

If you are told by kidnappers that your brother is going to die unless you throw tomatos at your local bakery, would you do it? People who didn't understand your motive would presume you a nutter.

I've been trying to understand these guys motives. Let's encourage information - on both sides - rather than ignorance and misinformation. The United States is not Satan. Suicide terrorists are not insane.
Sorry Hugh. I don't have time to answer this at the moment. Suffice to say that you should not take my post at face value. I certainly don't think that (suicide) terrorists are insane.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-27-2002, 07:11 AM   #100
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I understand mate. I got the point you were making too. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just throwing it out there.