Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2002, 09:10 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

He's taking on the people who are suing the fast food industry for making them fat today.

He is giving them an earful...lol!

Go Phil!!!!

[ 09-26-2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, my wife loves Dr. Phil, and was really steamed when some poison-pen writer for D Magazine took a hatchet to him, saying that he was over-simplistic, etc., like he was supposed to do psychotherapy on national TV to the cretins they bring in front of him every day. I've watched him once or twice, and it seems to me that his primary strength is a very low bullsh** tolerance, in pointing out these people's obvious wrongheadedness and dysfunctioal behavior. He doesn't care enough about their self-esteem, boohoo. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2002, 09:36 AM   #3
MagiK

Sounds like my kind of Dr. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I mean really, the "fast food" industry isn't out there cramming the food by the pound into the oinkers mouths. The CHOOSE to eat what they eat, it is their responsibility and no one elses. If they are too stupid to eat sensibly, well the resulting coronary is just a little thing called "The Process of Natural Selection" Or as George Carlin put it once, it is natures little way of saying errr oops can't actually put in what he said...this is a family forum....ahhh well you can fill it in with your own words [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS and Edit even....don't go spastic on me for using the term "Oinkers"...a term that could well be applied to me by some at 5'10" and 220lbs I ain't skinny and I know it.

[ 09-26-2002, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 09-26-2002, 09:46 AM   #4
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Just to interrupt wit ha useless fact: If McDonalds didn’t put gurkans(or pickles?) on their burgers they would be a confectionery!!! *Makes mantal note not to go to bother getting diet coke because he will be getting more sugar from the food*
Old 09-26-2002, 10:04 AM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Just to interrupt wit ha useless fact: If McDonalds didn’t put gurkans(or pickles?) on their burgers they would be a confectionery!!! *Makes mantal note not to go to bother getting diet coke because he will be getting more sugar from the food*
I assume you're talking about their Big Mac... the "special sauce" probably has a LOT of sugar in it. Personally I prefer BK's Whopper... mmmm... Whopper! I can eat those once in a while if I'm exercising regularly and they don't do too much damage.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

LOL i suppose it is a much deserved law suit, but uh... will it really work? I mean most of those people at the food willingly and didn't excercise...
Old 09-26-2002, 10:20 AM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
LOL i suppose it is a much deserved law suit, but uh... will it really work? I mean most of those people at the food willingly and didn't excercise...
I can't say it won't work, but it is very unlikely to succeed. Dr Phil's entire point in this part of the show is how ludicrous the lawsuit is.

The rest of it is kind of interesting, but not as confrontational. Talking about overweight people's rights on airlines, etc., verses their "normal" sized counterparts.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:55 AM   #8
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I can't say it won't work, but it is very unlikely to succeed. Dr Phil's entire point in this part of the show is how ludicrous the lawsuit is.

The rest of it is kind of interesting, but not as confrontational. Talking about overweight people's rights on airlines, etc., verses their "normal" sized counterparts.
[/QUOTE]Umm I have wondered, why a person the size of two or three average people would think that they are entitled to the same fare as a person who ACTUALLY fits (more or less) into 1 seat..vs their 2 or 3 seat spread? Seems only fair to me that if you take two seats you should pay for two....I had to pay for two when I traveled with my kids...+

Old 09-26-2002, 02:51 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

LMAO, I love Dr. Phil, he's the coolest guy ever. He always cracks me up when he's off on one of his rants.

Old 09-26-2002, 02:55 PM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Umm I have wondered, why a person the size of two or three average people would think that they are entitled to the same fare as a person who ACTUALLY fits (more or less) into 1 seat..vs their 2 or 3 seat spread? Seems only fair to me that if you take two seats you should pay for two....I had to pay for two when I traveled with my kids...+[/QB]
Exactly! They should consider themselves cargo, and pay by the pound, or the number of "unit spaces" that it takes to ship them, like in a container.

[ 09-26-2002, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]