Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 03:25 PM   #1
Karse Soze
The Magister

In the bridge district of Athlaka, there is a door, that you only can go through while in possesion of a "Rogue Stone". But the battle down there is really tough. Any good ideas? Is it worth trying over and over??? Any good treasures and exp?
T.I.A.<br />[whois] Karse Soze<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal\" target=\"_blank\">The Portrait Portal</a><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/dogeared\" target=\"_blank\">dogeared</a>
Karse Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 03:35 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

If you have a mage then you definatly want the Staff of the Magi that you can get down there, but ive never managed to do it myself.

But then I never went there with a decent level party. When I try again Ill use the standard buff spells (haste, chant, bless, stoneskin) and then lay down a bombardment of area effect spells. Then, hopefully after disrupting the enemy spells, the fighters get to kick ass.

One thing I do know - there is a beholder in that fight, so go grab the Cloak of Mirroring (late in the game) or the shield which reflects beholder rays - baldurans shield I think. With the shield the beholders attacks will actualy hurt the beholder (as long as hes attacking the fighter with the shield) so he can be ignored till the rest are gone.

I dont believe that this lich casts imprisonment, so thats not a problem.

One other thing that might be worth trying - there are three Scrolls of Protection from Magic in the game, and I can only jsutify the use of one in one other fight (a demilich) so that leaves two for the twisted rune. 6 magic users are not going to hurt me when two tanks are completly immune to magic.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Ahh, you have encountered the Twisted Rune, my friend... [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Anyway, yes, the battle down there is very tough, probably the toughest in the game. There are alot of good tactics to defeat them, you should find some good ones here.
And yes, the loot is good. There is one faboulus item there, which is really good to have if you have a Mage in your party. I wont tell ou which item, though.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 03:39 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Man, I feel like some cranky old granny correcting mistakes everyday.

Correction, there are only two scrolls of Protection from Magic. Both are sold by Ribald from the Adventurer's Mart.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 03:40 PM   #5
Karse Soze
The Magister

Thanks guys,
I guess I'll finish all the mainland quests and then have a go at it again, when my characters are a bit more experienced [img]smile.gif[/img]
T.I.A.<br />[whois] Karse Soze<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal\" target=\"_blank\">The Portrait Portal</a><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/dogeared\" target=\"_blank\">dogeared</a>
Karse Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 04:08 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

Correction, there are only two scrolls of Protection from Magic. Both are sold by Ribald from the Adventurer's Mart.
Ah, but six months ago someone - and Id swear it was you - posted that there was one in Trademeet. Course, having tried to prove you wrong before, im not arguing about it. At least not till I can get my new Evil Party of Doom out to trademeet, and they havent left Candlekeep yet.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:06 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I think you have mistaken me for somebody else, because I did recall a previous person who claimed there were another two in Tradesmeet( rightttt), several months ago. I have never said so myself though, since I have been to Tradesmeet before and traded with all the possible merchants there.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:23 AM   #8
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
LOL! and all the while you are becoming a [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] er.... [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 12:52 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

At least my [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] are of a high-quality grade and relevant.

[ 05-25-2002, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 05-25-2002, 12:53 AM   #10
8Ball
Dungeon Master

Karse
I love your image!
where did you get???