Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 02:13 AM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

As above.

I ask this because I just got BG2 last Friday and some of you may have noticed I've been here a lot less since then. This is due to the fact that I'm playing BG2 somewhere from 3-6 hours a day and am quite engrossed. Just wondering if anyone else gets this involved or if I'm just weird (which is my current leaning)

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Old 10-18-2001, 02:17 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I take shower, cleansing and fasting for three days, say prayers 12 times a day, then click the holy mouse to install it
Old 10-18-2001, 02:19 AM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I guess I'm not quite as bad as I thought then, 250...

Is anyone else as bad as me (or worse) or am I just part of this small minority of gaming obsessors?

-Jafin

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 02:22 AM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What do I do? Straight after I get into a chair (any chair), I'll rip off the cover and start reading the manual like mad (especially spells).

Then, when I finally reach home, the first thing I do is to install the game and begin memorising as much detail as possible so I do not have to keep flipping the manual later.

And yes, you're not the only one. I've easily played up to 10 hours a day
Old 10-18-2001, 02:26 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
What do I do? Straight after I get into a chair (any chair), I'll rip off the cover and start reading the manual like mad (especially spells).

Then, when I finally reach home, the first thing I do is to install the game and begin memorising as much detail as possible so I do not have to keep flipping the manual later.

And yes, you're not the only one. I've easily played up to 10 hours a day
Hey, exactly what I did with BG2!!! I went to the Mall of America, bought BG2, went to the food court in Camp Snoopy (the amusement park inside the mall in case anybody doesn't know) and opened up the package and started reading the instructions! Then I went home and immediately installed, and began playing!

I've played some games (particularly the FF's) 12 hours a day, but my max on BG2 yet is 8

-Jafin

------------------

Old 10-18-2001, 04:33 AM   #6
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Great minds think alike

I could manage that many hours because some time after I bought BG2, I..urm... fell down on my way home from work and fractured the lower end of my spine.

While I was on sick leave for about 2 months, I ended up playing the game on a laptop in a sprawling position. My body really ached after each marathon session
Old 10-18-2001, 05:05 AM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Someone who is as obsessive with reading the manual as me? I always read the manual first chance I get, whether in a park, at a mall, in the train, in the bus or, if no other opportunities present themselves, at home while I wait for it to install.
Old 10-19-2001, 12:48 AM   #8
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Wow, I guess I'm like everybody else then! Amazing!

-Jafin

------------------

Old 10-19-2001, 01:28 AM   #9
G'kar

I take vacation time to play a new game! After I first got it, I played BG2 for 4 long days and nights, got paid for doing it. Same with FF 8 & 9 and IWD. I plan a long weekend for when Metalgear solid 2 comes out and I'm biding my time for Torment til winter, since I work retail The holidays has little time off for me. Damn there are so many good games, I need to get paid to play them all the time!

Old 10-19-2001, 01:35 AM   #10
Bullvye
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
As above.

I ask this because I just got BG2 last Friday and some of you may have noticed I've been here a lot less since then. This is due to the fact that I'm playing BG2 somewhere from 3-6 hours a day and am quite engrossed. Just wondering if anyone else gets this involved or if I'm just weird (which is my current leaning)

-Jafin

Could'nt put it down bro!...There is a new Pool of Radience too...looks cool, but havent played it yet!