Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 10:26 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You may have moon and fiend, but I don't think they will show up on your list until you get to skill level 1. Both start out at zero, and this is one of the few times I can justify spending a skill point on a spell school -- to get to level one. Okay, sometimes I can justify the two points it would take to get to level two, but that's rare [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the instruments, can't help you. I've never played a bard in anger.

For time and the mantraps, you might consider resting on the other side of Ishad N'ha. They can't go through the town to... hunt... you... down....

On the downside, when you get back out of Ishad N'ha, you won't have to worry about whether you can see them or not. They'll be camped at the gate, waiting for you with bated breath...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 05:58 AM   #12
Radek
Red Dragon

Notes:
1. The color. When you have gained a new magic school but you haven't left the town so far, the school is grayed in your spellbook - because you have 0/20 spell points in the new school and the game behaves as if you have spent all mana in this school. You get your mana on leaving the town.
2. You do not need skill 1 for the new school. With the new school, you have gained 1 spell in that school which you can cast immediately. The fact that you have skill 0 affects new spells from the new school which you can learn:
- a native caster can learn level 1 spells even with skill 0.
- a non-native caster cannot learn any new spells until he reaches skill 2.
3. If you are a native caster (and you always are when you gain a new school) then the corresponding skill will improve during level up. If you aren't a native caster, the skill will not improve and you have to train it. A bard is a native Moon magic caster (I think so - I've never played a bard). If you have leveled up already, Mooncraft has improved and it has occured in your skill list (you do not have 0 for the skill now so that the skill is listed). But Bard is not a native Fiend caster. If you had 0 for Fiendcraft before leveling up, then you have 0 after leveling up, too. Therefore, the skill is not listed in your skill list.
4. You can train in guilds all magic schools you already know. Your Bard can train Fiendcraft in Mages Guild (level 2 skill) and in the Temple (level 2 skill). You can train even if you have 0 for the corresponding skill. The only thing that matters is that you already know the school, i.e., you have at least 1 spell of that school in your spellbook.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:59 AM   #13
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

The type of instrument that you can use relates to your level in music. You may have too low a level to use that instrument.
If you have encountered the mantraps do NOT go back to Ishad N'ha, You will be in trouble when you try to leave town again. See my post in Boogre bar.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:01 AM   #14
Fenris
Welcomed New User

I got past the mantrap by running past them to Shuregeon castle and waiting in the moat until dawn. Then I hit them with summoned creatures and distance spells.

Nice exp

In Shurugeon castle now and learning the importance of buffs.
Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote