Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2002, 03:34 PM   #1
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

I saw the fishermen were neutral, so I took on the quest. I identified the girl as evil; so when she got shirty with me, it was fatal. But then I went back in a lousy mood to the fishermen because I don't much like killing little girls. They went hostile when I demanded the bowl from them, and I had to kill them, too. I don't have any backups for a replay...is there any way this turns out better for a good party?
Old 12-14-2002, 04:20 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

The girl may be evil, but she is in the right on this matter. The good path is to take her side.

I would disagree with the fishermen being neutral, picking on a child, even one with the power of a goddess behind her, is evil by my reckoning.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:50 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

i tend to side with the woman cos you get more exp, more cash [img]smile.gif[/img] but yeah she doesnt actually seem to be doing anything wrong, plus help her and she will help you in return once in Baldurs Gate so she can be v.useful.

and neutral doesnt mean they dont have bad intentions, which they obviously do have cos of the things they say when you come back to them.

anyhows the truly evil path is to bully the men into giving you lots of money go to the girl kill her come back and then get the most money possible before slaughtering the fishermen [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:07 PM   #4
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

Baldur's gate city spoiler.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

It's curious that when I called on the Water Queens's temple, they showed no interest in the bowl, but just gave us the bum's rush. (party at rep. 20)
Old 12-18-2002, 06:10 AM   #5
Grungi
Banned User

even if you slaughter the umberlee one, insert stuffed weasels in places they shouldnt go and call her a malnourished tart (well those conversation options are so limited!) they wont do anything at the water queens temple, quite disappointing really [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2002, 04:17 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
i tend to side with the woman cos you get more exp, more cash [img]smile.gif[/img] but yeah she doesnt actually seem to be doing anything wrong, plus help her and she will help you in return once in Baldurs Gate so she can be v.useful.

and neutral doesnt mean they dont have bad intentions, which they obviously do have cos of the things they say when you come back to them.

SPOILER

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

... Since the fishermen have aligned themselves with Talos, the evil Storm Lord, I doubt they could be thought of as "Neutral". They are the true "baddies" in this situation, regardless of the girl's alignment.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:29 PM   #7
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

I always side with the girl but I have to be careful to disarm a character and send him to talk to her alone or else she is dead before she is done talking...just one of the hazzards of a trigger happy archer party.
Old 12-20-2002, 05:24 AM   #8
Grungi
Banned User

yeah last time i tried to reason with her i must admit i got a critical straight off so was having problems getting conversation options off her corpse [img]smile.gif[/img]

and remember the storm god may be evil but people can worship an evil god without being evil themselves, whether they are duped desperate or otherwise, i would say the men are okay but for the ringleader whose relatively nasty, the umberlee one is an arrogant selfrighteous so and so but she seems to keep herself to herself, so i think overall both parties are at fault and both worship questionable gods, in these circumstances go with your gut or in my case go with the exp [img]smile.gif[/img] (im an exp whore what can i say [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 12-20-2002, 12:26 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, so am I! (exp. whore, I mean). As long as it doesn't adversely effect the party, I'd say go for it.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 02:24 PM   #10
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
and remember the storm god may be evil but people can worship an evil god without being evil themselves, whether they are duped desperate or otherwise,
Yes, evil gods can be worshipped out of fear.
If you worship Talos, you are protected from lightnings .
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote