Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 07:28 AM   #1
Jonmarkristensen
Welcomed New User

prior to meeting the prisoner at the serpent temple I drank all of the spider nectar to cure poison. I accidentally saved over my previous games. I had about 6 flasks of the stuff so after reading your messages I realized there are probably no more in the temple. Your messages state that there are many flasks at Cet's Temple and I was wondering if there is a way to cut corners and get to Cet's Temple, grab a flask, then return to the Serpent Temple and complete the game properly? I've since continued playing and was wondering if I should keep going or start over?
Jonmarkristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 07:34 AM   #2
Maverick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If I am not mistaken you can make spider nectar at the serpant temple. Just have an empty flask and a couple of spider eggs. You squash the spider eggs in that squashing chamber and the nectar is squeezed into your empty flasks. You should find lots of spiders around outside somewhere.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:24 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

so that's the recipe for curing poison!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:30 AM   #4
Jonmarkristensen
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the responses, the problem is there are no more empty flasks. Once you drink the spider nectar the flask disappears from your inventory. I already figured out how to make the nectar but used up all of my flasks before I could summon the serpent in the temple. Now I'm looking for more flasks anywhere.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:41 AM   #5
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have only found empty flasks in the Serpent Temple and Pyramid, and you can't get to the Pyramid from the east side of the Dragon's Spire without the Mask of Death from the Serpent Temple (Catch-22 in this case).

Options:

1) Ask Wyvern if she'll hack you an empty flask/spider nectar in one of your save games.
2) Reload or Restart.

------------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:13 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This has happened to too many players - the designers should have prevented players from making this mistake - sigh.

Jon - if you are totally stuck, email me.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:24 PM   #7
Max
Dungeon Master

Just a thought but if spider nectar is cure poison, maybe you could use cure poison in its place in the ceremony to get to the naga..??

Has any one tried this yet..??

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:28 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I tried it once (by accident; wasn't looking at the titles of the icons carefully and just saw a yellow potion). It doesn't work. It has to specifically be the "spider nectar".

-Sazerac

P.S. For those of you who don't have the "Cure Poison" spell, you can buy unlimited potions of Cure Poison at any Wizard's Guild. PLEASE don't use up your Spider Nectar before you open up the snake head!!

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:58 PM   #9
Jonmarkristensen
Welcomed New User

If I restart the game I retain my posessions and abilities but the quests are all deleted. Do you need to replay all of the quests and dungeons or can I get the flask and complete the temple then procede to the Shrungeon Castle Ruins to where I left off. For instence if I already have the Dragon Armour do I still have to replay the Stout Mines in the replay game. I don't wish to play the whole game over even with the original characters but I'll replay it so I can advance. Is there another alternative? And I agree with Wyv the programers should not have allowed players to use up all of the empty flasks. They made an unlimitted supply of spider eggs that nobody wants and no flasks to put them in.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:02 PM   #10
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hello Number 50! No, if you have the Armor, you can proceed directly to the Spire.

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote