Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2002, 11:15 AM   #21
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Azred, this is a link to downloadable materials that have been released by WIzards of the Coast. It's not quite the Players' Handook, but it just might be close enough to save you a trip to the bookstore.

Here is the URL:
http://www.wizards.com/d20/article.asp?x=srd
Old 05-29-2002, 02:19 PM   #22
Darkman

Azred, you should check out Icewind Dale 2's site if you're looking to start planning your party. You can read about which races and sub races will be included in the game as well as which classes, feats, and skills will be there. Not to mention, you should learn how to use the "point" system so you can plan your characters' stats down to the last detail

http://icewind2.blackisle.com/world.html
Old 05-29-2002, 02:58 PM   #23
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Latest news from the chief talking head at BIS, Feargus Urqhuart ....

Quote:

"Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quiet most of your fears about the release of Icewind Dale II. So you all know, we are very close to finishing the game up, we are no longer implementing any new features and the number of active bugs is dropping drastically every day. We are even hoping to have every quest in the game completely playable and tested by early next week.

I bet you are all now asking what that means for our date. Normally, I would be able to tell you all a specific date right now because we are so close. Unfortunately there are two five thousand pound gorillas coming down the pipe right now named Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights. This means that the retailers are not sure what they can order or when they can expect these games which impacts what they are willing to order of Icewind Dale II. It's sort of a big game of standoff right now to see who is going to blink, ie. ship or slip first.

However, I really hope that we will be able to tell you all when we will be on the shelves soon. We should be able to announce that date within the next ten days - I hope, I unfortunately might have to break that promise. Also, that ten days is when I can tell you all about a ship date, not when the product will ship.

Lastly, the main Interplay site was updated with a new date recently, which was incorrect; it should be changed as of the time I am writing this.

Thanks for reading all of this and for your patience with us,

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 03:53 PM   #24
Azred
Drow Priestess

Cyril, Darkman. Thanks for the links! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

I'm just being cheap about the book.

I'm an old pro at GURPS, so I know all about spending character points wisely and having a lot of detail in the character creation.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 06:02 PM   #25
druss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Azred thats not cheap just smart. You dont need a new one for what u want.Youre not going to play the P&P so i would get a used one to.
I need a IWD fix bad!!!!!!!!!!!
My AXE is wanten a little GOBLIN blood!!!!
druss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 07:32 PM   #26
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks SOOO much for the link! It will be very useful if I get IWD II before 3E. :::grunt grunt:::
Finn

:::dreaming of barbarian, ranger, dwarven defender...:::