Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 05:33 PM   #1
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

Okay now if i start out as a THIEF and i take him to level 4. every time i level up i raise open Locks. so his Thief stats would look like this.
Stealth-30
Disarm Traps-30
Pickpocket-30
Open Locks-100
(it probably wont work out like that, just an EX.)
Than i Dualclass him to a Ranger and raise him to Level 8. He would have the steal of 50%(Example)
Then when i turn Level 9. would then 30% add up with the rangers 50%? (i know i cant hit lvl 9 in BG1 just humor me)
Old 01-08-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, first off, you can't Dual a Thief to a Ranger, unless you cheat using Gatekeeper, and even then I'm not sure it'd be possible. The only class a Ranger can legally Dual or Multi with is Cleric.

But, as for the quiestion you DID ask, no. The Stealth bonus would not add, you'd just get the better of the two. Why not just Dual a Thief to a Fighter?
Old 01-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #3
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

You cant dual a Thief to a Ranger? well... now i feel stupid asking such a question!
Old 01-09-2002, 02:04 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

And the most amusing thing is, all of these answers can be found in the INSTRUCTION BOOK.

Old 01-09-2002, 03:35 PM   #5
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

HEY NOW!!! I BOUGHT 'THE ORIGINAL SAGA' (BG1 & TALES OF THE SWORD COAST) AND IT DIDNT COME WITH A MANUAL SO !!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 05:15 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

Erm, ok.

Well, err...sue 'em.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:49 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Why on earth would they not give you the manual? That manual contains about 70% of the info you need (well, *I* need, anyway, because I like having exact info way in advance) to plan characters, which is practically the point of the whole dang game! Any BG player worth his salt NEEDS that manual--it's almost as important as the discs themselves, it's the best copy-protect BioWare could have used.