Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2002, 12:47 AM   #1
The Cavalier
Manshoon

SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

I have just finished the asylum, and it appears that my only exit is to the underdark. I'm sure there's some treasure to be found in the underdark, but my people are FULL of loot (I keep all the darts +2 and stuff like that, I don't use it, I sell it). What do I do with this? Do I just set it somewhere in the asylum and come and get it later, or what?
My usual method of beating dungeons usually consists of me going in with nothin but the bare essentials, and emerging with piles of loot, which I sell (incase you didn't catch my earlier post, I had well over 100,000 gold at the end of chapter 2). Then repeat.
SO you see my dilemma. Will I find a ton of stuff in the underdark, or will I be able to eek by with only one or two open item slots? Can I just put my stuff near the entrance of the asylum, and come get it later? (The doors are sealed right now) I have a bag of holding (but it's full) and my people are wearing almost everything you can wear (Necklace, boots, cloaks, etc.).

ALSO: In the asylum, there was a machine that gave you boots for mythril tokens. I got 2 pairs (Ice and lightining resisting boots) costing me a total of 15 tokens. but I left with like 4, and the machine says I can find more tokens. Can I? Are there more pairs of boots?

[ 11-18-2002, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: The Cavalier ]
The Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:50 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well just rember to get ride of all quest items there is no need to carry most of that stuff around.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:54 AM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

There are a total of 20 mithril tokens to be found. Imno the best item you can get is a pair of boots of speed for 15 tokens.

You could exit the asylum & return to pirate town to sell you rloot. Then go back into the asylum & take the portal you found.

BUT! There is a better alternative. Return to the pirate town & look for the guy who borught you to the island in the first place. If you accept his offer (you'll have to do a couple of things for him first) you'll get into a side-quest that gives you some great stuff.

In other words... if you take the portal you'll miss out on a cool sub-quest.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:02 AM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
I have a bag of holding (but it's full)
What did you fill it up with? You know not to put ammo (bullets, bolts, etc) into the bag right?

You should have picked up the bottomless bag of holding, but its too late now.

My advice would be to not go via the portal, but rather to take the offer that Saemon gives you. You'll want everyone to have a single free inventory slot when you get ready to leave the island for some tressure that Saemon gives you. You'll have a chance to sell your stuff soon.

Quote:
In the asylum, there was a machine that gave you boots for mythril tokens. I got 2 pairs (Ice and lightining resisting boots) costing me a total of 15 tokens. but I left with like 4, and the machine says I can find more tokens. Can I? Are there more pairs of boots?
There are 21 total tokens.
If you put 15 tokens in you can get boots of speed, you really should have done this, because boots of speed are great.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:25 AM   #5
Slizerio

If your out of the Asylum, preety much every mithril token crystal vampire hand must be thrown away!
Old 11-18-2002, 01:55 AM   #6
The Cavalier
Manshoon

I killed saemon... I got a silver sword blade or something though. If I reload and let him live, will I still get that silver blade? and the front door to the asylum is sealed (or is that just because I killed saemon?) Is it worth reloading? my last save was before I talked to Aran Linvail (and got a ride to the island)???

[ 11-18-2002, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: The Cavalier ]
The Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:39 AM   #7
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by The Cavalier:
I killed saemon... I got a silver sword blade or something though. If I reload and let him live, will I still get that silver blade? and the front door to the asylum is sealed (or is that just because I killed saemon?) Is it worth reloading? my last save was before I talked to Aran Linvail (and got a ride to the island)???
yeah if you reload saemon gives you the blade cause he's scared. eventually you can make a vorpal sword out of it. plus if you did this you could get the boots of speed(and the frost boots too if you get all the tokens) and you can be prepared for the underdark
Old 11-18-2002, 05:01 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

I do recommend returning to the saved game and not killing Saemon. You get the blade in the end, too. And you'll be taken into another city, unreachable otherwise, where you will be able to sell all your stuff for heaps of money - for much more money than in the Pirate City or in the Underdark. Well, it's a bug in the game so that if you don't want to go cheezy then sell your stuff in the Pirate City [img]smile.gif[/img]
Therefore, not killing Saemon means:
- heaps of money
- additional area to explore
- additional quests and XPs
- no loss at all, only gain
Old 11-18-2002, 06:23 AM   #9
andrewas
Harper

And youll get another chance to kill Saemon later on, whether you kil him now or not. So let him live for now.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:38 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day
Can i recomend that you save more often, that seems like to big a gap between saves and puts you off reloading when you realise there was a better path to follow.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote