Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2003, 10:00 AM   #1
tower
The Magister

I just wanted to see what very good items have "been" found. So, if u're near the end of the game (at least lev. 13) pls post the best weapons you have found so far. I would ask not to post the Cane of Corpus, because pretty much everyone will have found it.
tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:15 PM   #2
Helix
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the board!

I'm on my 2nd run through the game. The 1st time was way back when,
so I'll just talk about this time. Keep in mind these were all found,
not purchased or pickpocketed, nor killed an NPC to get, and of course
do not include custom items. My party is level 22-24, in the Rapax Castle.

Best swords: Excaliber, Fang
Best bows: Hunter's Bow (this thing should be illegal!)
Best Mace/Flails: Diamond Eyes
Best Daggers: Thieve's Dagger, Sai
Best Polearms: Burning Spear, Dread Spear, Mystic Spear, and I *think*
the Spear of Death, and the Lance. Not real sure about those last two.
I have no polearms characters, so I just sell 'em all.
Best Staff/Wand: Flame Staff, Winter Wand

As far as arrows, stones, darts and such, I think I've found all that
exist.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 04:09 PM   #3
tower
The Magister

Thanks for the welcome!
Anyway i found Excalibur too in my first run, and it's probably the best 2h sword in the game!
The best mace is Chieftain's Scepter, male only, 2 handed, found on chief Das, in Trinton("ground" floor). Fang is a very good sword too, and fortunately you can always find it, like the Diamond Eyes! [img]smile.gif[/img] I also found Sword aof Flame (5-23 damage, +2 hit, -2 initiative, fireball charges), The Ripper (2h axe, 6-27 damage, +5 hit, -6 initiative, kill 5%, k.o. 5%, instant death charges) and Staff of Doom (7-27 damage, +4hit, +1 initiative, hex 10%, paralyze 25%, kill 15%, Death Cloud Charges, -1 hp drain). The last three items i found in the last dungeon, in northern wilderness. They were guarded by VERY powerful monsters (a Nebdar, level 28 spell caster -turncoat, nuclear blast, etc) and a couple of level 24 vampiric wraiths(rapax ghosts). The nebdar also leaves a nebdar amulet(+1sp, hp,stamina regeneration, +4 ac, +5-10% to all resistances, +15 power cast, -5senses, hex charges). I also found a Halberd of Faust(10-30 damage, kill 5%, paralyze 5%, +2 hit, -4initiative, -3hp drain, charges of lifesteal), and a Thunder stick(eartquake charges, good stats).
I insist you tell me about the armor too(including Antone and Ferro's, what do u think about them). The most special that i've found are Ebony Plate (same as +3 plate mail, only with +14 ac) and Mantis gloves(+5 dexterity, +14 ac). And at last, the best bow untill now is the one that Bela sells (Eagle Eye bow, ranger only).
hope to get answers soon(remember, armour too)!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
the mighty stamar

Heh well seeing as this is my first time through the game... I see i havent gotten jack.

I have 2 burning spears, those are my best weapons. my valkrie npc and my fighter use them

I have the bushido blade for my samurai, thats pretty sweet. But his second weapon sucks its the one he started the game with. Its not really worth a second attack really 1-6 hehe.
my cleric has an anointed flail for whatever good it does him.

I have the corpus cane. I have a faerie mage but i think its sort of late to make her a ninja lol so i just carry it around to look cool.

All my guys are level 15-16
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:35 AM   #5
the mighty stamar

I also have gloves that are +14 and +5 to dexterity. I found them in bayjin they are fighter types only.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:39 AM   #6
tower
The Magister

Not bad for level 15-16, nut i think you really should try buying Stun Rod from Lower Marten's Bluff(there's a T;rang seller there, see some walkthroughs if u can't find him). I think tou really should try visiting the secret dungeons for pretty cool items. I haven't gone to Baijin yet, but i have found the Mantis Glos too. By the way where can i find the Goldane Breastplate(+16 ac, +15-20 or so to resistances) and the Ebony Heaume (really cool heaadgear)???
Old 02-17-2003, 06:35 AM   #7
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
By the way where can i find the Goldane Breastplate(+16 ac, +15-20 or so to resistances) and the Ebony Heaume (really cool heaadgear)???
The Golden Breastplate can be bought from Ferro.
Ferro also sells the Infinity Helmet, which is far better than the Ebony Heaume.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:43 AM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

In addition to items already mentioned:

Best Sword: Marumasa Blade (Samurai only)
Best secondary Sword: Enchanted Wakazashi (Samurai only)

Very good weapon overall (high damage, good k.o. chance): Martial arts with a monk (125 skill grant you much more damage than 100%).

Best extemded weapon IMO: Vampire Chain (forged by Ferro): A weapon that heals you when you damage opponents.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:47 PM   #9
tower
The Magister

Where is the Marumusa Blade????????????????????????
Old 02-17-2003, 01:24 PM   #10
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I think the Marumasa Sword is in the Rapax King's Armory, up the elevator in Ferro's shop. You will need to find the pickled trynnie and give it to Ferro for a key.