Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 12:37 PM   #1
Moni

This forum has turned out to be quite a success in spite of the arguments people have had in the past. People are taking more care with their words regarding their views and their opinions as well as the feelings of other members and I was wondering if when you are considering taking the forum down (since it is marked as temporary) if you would reconsider naming it something to the effect of "Current Events"?
There is a lot that goes on in world news besides America's current conflict that would find a decent audience and generate decent discussions as opposed to having them posted in GD...religion, politics (two touchy subjects) as well as global issues and local occurences (such as the NY plane crash this morning that I was going to make a post on but both Mark and Ryanamour beat me to LOL).
Just a suggestion from me but rather than sending you an e-mail, I am posting this here to ask others for their input as well.
Thanks!
Old 11-12-2001, 12:48 PM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

I agree with Moni. Would be nice to have a Serious Discussions Forum here!

Hi Moni! Hugs! [img]smile.gif[/img]
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 12:56 PM   #3
Moni

Hi Mark! Hugs!

Hmmm...Serious Discussions AND Current Events!
I like the concept but am feeling right now that Serious Discussions on random subjects might bury current events in news, politics, religion and economies...topic-wise, you know? Old debates rehashed for the sake of posting a "Serious Discussion"?

What could it be named and how could we separate current events from general debates? Now you've got me thinking! Bad Mark! Bad!
Old 11-12-2001, 01:06 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

I mentioned Serious Discussion mostly because of the Forum at MH. Current Events would be fine though!
Old 11-12-2001, 01:14 PM   #5
Moni

They are both equally important though!
What do we do?!
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2001, 01:16 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Let someone else decide?
Old 11-12-2001, 01:28 PM   #7
Moni

LOL! Good Idea!
I have to get back to school anyway.
Hey I posted pics of me & my son in GD...go check him out!
Old 11-12-2001, 07:12 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'll also agree that I'd like to see serious issues discussed in a separate forum permanently.
Old 11-13-2001, 06:33 AM   #9
Epona
Zartan

Well, I wasn't in favour of a separate forum initially, but I think this one works pretty well - if the discussion is too hot, we can retreat out of the 'kitchen' and have some fun in GD away from the debates, then come back calmer. So maybe a current affairs/serious discussion forum would work.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:07 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Who decides what goes in such a forum and what goes in GD? That would be my main objection. It has potential but might become a moderator's nightmare as well.

Not to mention that Z has always considered GD the place for any discussion (bar the war topic of course) and started many a good one there, himself. So in the long run, I guess we just need to see how he feels about it. He has made it quite clear that the War topic forum is temporary on several occasions, though. Hmmm.. considering the way the 'war' is going it could be temporary for a while. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]