Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2002, 11:21 AM   #1
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Just a quick question. I finished the SP module and am working on a module of my own. During the SP, I noticed that certain creatures don't seem to have the abilities I am used to them having. For example, it used to be that to kill a troll, one needed fire or acid. Now it seems that anything can kill them. They do seem to regenerate (very slowly), but when they are dead, they stay dead. I remember hacking trolls to tiny little pieces, which then pulled together to regrow. What happened? Is this a 3rd ed change, or is it specific to NWN?
Also-- why don't dragons use their breath weapons in this game? tehy seem to possess them, but during my whole run through the game, no dragon ever used it. What a waste. It's like my character saying "hey I have a +5 sword, but I'll just use my non-magical dagger instead..."
Old 10-22-2002, 02:31 PM   #2
McHaggis
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
Just a quick question. I finished the SP module and am working on a module of my own. During the SP, I noticed that certain creatures don't seem to have the abilities I am used to them having. For example, it used to be that to kill a troll, one needed fire or acid. Now it seems that anything can kill them. They do seem to regenerate (very slowly), but when they are dead, they stay dead. I remember hacking trolls to tiny little pieces, which then pulled together to regrow. What happened? Is this a 3rd ed change, or is it specific to NWN?
Also-- why don't dragons use their breath weapons in this game? tehy seem to possess them, but during my whole run through the game, no dragon ever used it. What a waste. It's like my character saying "hey I have a +5 sword, but I'll just use my non-magical dagger instead..."
I don't about that troll thing if it is NWN specific or 3E change. But there is patch/mod for trolls which makes them killable only by fire/acid. I just don't remember where did I get it [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

And dragons, yes they do use their breath weapons, but not very often. When I played they used it once or twice in a fight. Just last time when I died it was by breath of copper dragon. I don't know, but could difficult level affect it? Just a guess..

[ 10-22-2002, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: McHaggis ]
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:03 PM   #3
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Hmm... Yeah, maybe it's the difficulty level. But I played at the default level, which I would expect to be "by the book". Oh well.