Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2001, 01:02 PM   #11
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Billi, sorry to hear about the irrevocable changes in your life, and i am glad you have fastened on the course of moving ahead, instead of looking behind....one of the many hard lessons that accompany this type of domestic destruction.
How about your kids?
are they going to seattle also? do they want to?
what do they think of what is going on?
-and if you are driving to seattle, and do not say hi on your way through montana, i will have friends of mine hold up the stage coach youre on and 'rustle' up a cup of coffee! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 11-03-2001, 01:07 PM   #12
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

You sound like a strong woman, Bilqis, I hope you stay that way!
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 01:22 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Bilqis,

Oceans of best wishes for you in your upcoming move and change in life. I know that you are doing the right thing for yourself. If it feels right in your head and your heart, it is so. You know you will always have friends here at IW, regardless of where you travel...and for someone as cheerful and friendly as you, you will have no problems making new friends either. So go forth with a sense of excitement...you're starting a new adventure!

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-03-2001, 01:41 PM   #14
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you everyone, for your well wishes!
Zeeke, so nice to hear from you. Thank you.
Pauly -- of course we can rob a bank! I would not do such a thing without you!!
Bahamut -- I knew I forgot to mention someone! Thank YOU For all your support and encouragment too.
Relic, oh wonderful big brother o'mine, you of all people know how much you've helped me! So don't give me none of that "I really din do nuttin" business! [img]tongue.gif[/img] *HUGS*

quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
How about your kids?
are they going to seattle also? do they want to?
what do they think of what is going on?
-and if you are driving to seattle, and do not say hi on your way through montana, i will have friends of mine hold up the stage coach youre on and 'rustle' up a cup of coffee! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good questions J.J. My kids are doing pretty well with it all. The 17 year old, and 11 year old sons are coming with me, and are very excited about it. The 14 year old son says he will stay with his father. He was very mature about it, telling me that he understands that this is best for me, that it makes sense for his brothers to come along since they don't like this small isolated town either. But he has too much to lose by going -- people know him here, they know what he can do, he has many friends -- so he is staying. This is hard for me, but I respect his decision and will not force him to come with me. He does know, however, that he can change his mind at any point to come live with us. I hope he will.

Oh dear! Considering all the work I'm putting into packing (whine) I really can't afford to have my 'stagecoach' 'rustled'!! Please email me with your contact information and I will make a point to at least call you, if not to meet you for lunch or something similar. Ok?

Thank you everyone ... I do appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to me. It has been very difficult bearing the censure of my local friends.

"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible." Claude Thomas Bissell
Old 11-05-2001, 06:40 AM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

Bili, I want to tell you again how happy I am for you that you've found happyness again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would never have called you crazy ! I've always met the important people in my life when I least expected them to appear anyway.

You are one of the strongest persons I've ever met, and you deserve every ounce of happyness you're going to have. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And, people, maybe Bili will not be around for a while, but she'll be here in my home from November 30th to December 6th, so she's not lost to the IW cause ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 06:53 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Bilqis - so good to hear from you!

Well, you know they say 'as one door closes another opens'. Your recent experience is another little bit of proof that the saying is correct.

Hope the move goes well, and that everything works out well for you! I'm sure it will - you have shown your ability to turn a bad situation to your advantage.

***HUGS***
And keep in touch, or we'll send Choc after you
Old 11-05-2001, 07:50 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

WOHOOOOOO!!!
The dragon lady´s heart is big, strong and courageous! [img]smile.gif[/img]

You know it already but I wish you the best Bili! [img]smile.gif[/img] *BIG WOLFIEHUG!!**

You really deserve it! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 11-05-2001, 08:23 AM   #18
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well Im not going to get all sappy and blab on about all that stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I have a reputation to uphold after all
So Ill just say have a jolly good time in Seattle and eat some fine scones while your there [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well Im off to bed, cya!
Talk to you on MSN soon Bili [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 09:10 AM   #19
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I am so glad you have found happiness! *HUGS*

I wish all the best for you in your move and pray everything goes well for all of you. You are a dear and deserve to be so very happy!

(((MORE HUGS)))

If you need anything - you know where to find me.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:14 AM   #20
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I'm glad you have your life back on track, after such a tramatic experience. I couldn't imagine what you must have went through on that day your husband called and dropped the bomb on you. Sometimes I think the best way to heal is to do just what you did. Change your scenery, thought it must be scary moving like that.

Good luck and best wishes with your new life!

BTW, don't you just love it when people talk about a new relationship, after a experience like yours, being a "rebound". Got to start over sometime! Get going with life and don't look back!!!

P.S. I visited the Seattle Area while I was in the Army in 1983. It's a beautiful place to live (rained a lot though). If I couldn't live here in East Tennessee, the Seattle area would be my second choice.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]