Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 06:15 PM   #61
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
LOL Yes, I have actually been wishing the locals would ride their horses by more often so I can help our back yard along heh heh heh. Maybe I should take a 5 gallon bucket with me next time I take a kitty to the vet...she always has a horse or two there.

Your trees sound wonderful, I miss walnut trees from having them around in my much younger days at "home". Dad loved French lilacs and had one in the backyard that we kids would gather around just to smell every year.

We have chinaberry trees here...pretty blooms that smell delicious but I hate the "yard marbles" LOL!

We also have a couple of evergreens, two large pecan trees and an old Oak that is beautiful, but not as beautiful as the one Rex's (my roomie) parent's have. It is huge with at least four or 5 large limbs that sprout out from the main trunk and...well it is just indescribable lol! I can tell you though that I find myself just staring at it a lot whenever we visit there, I just can't get over how pretty it is!

In out backyard there is also an old oak stump that stands about 4 ft. high...I am itching to cut it down shorter and add a tabletop to it and throw some pavers around the base so that we can have a place to sit that is out in the open. I love the shade but the birds love the trees and I dread being bombed from above. I keep feeders out so we have a large variety of birds around here as well as squirrels who thankfully keep our yard cleared of the fallen pecans.

The tabletop and paver project is far ahead into the future though, there is so much else I want to get done first.

Moni
Hehe, horses are a good thing.
The idea you have with the tree stump is wonderful. I would never thought of something like that. That is an idea that I will keep in mind.
All of our trees are little. The Aspen Quakie trees are barely taller than me. I am 5'6" and the walnut trees are still little. I would love to have a pecan tree. But I don't want the messes, I am already dreading the walnut trees.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-08-2001, 06:17 PM   #62
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
flowers... haaay... i love white roses... actually, id rather have orchids...

Hi Bahamut!! I also love white roses, red roses, pink roses, hehe any kind of roses. Orchids are really nice too but roses are my favorite.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-08-2001, 06:18 PM   #63
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Hey Great! Someone listened to me re books! Yes I loved that book and Robert Macammon has others that are good as well, but Swan Song was definitely his best work. It was a sad day when I realized he wasn't going to write anymore. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a movie based on that book? Of course, the special effects would be very costly I think!

I will have to read some of his other books when I have time. If there was a movie based on that book. I would definitely go see it. What a movie that would make. Yes, the special effects would be rather costly.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-08-2001, 06:20 PM   #64
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Dear sweet Draconia, I see you are here...
just squirt the pest with bug spray, may not kill it but it will go away
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 04-08-2001, 06:22 PM   #65
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Dear sweet Draconia, I see you are here...
just squirt the pest with bug spray, may not kill it but it will go away
Hi The.Relic. I don't want you to go away so I will not spray you with bug spray.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-08-2001, 06:40 PM   #66
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
Quote:
Hey Great! Someone listened to me re books! Yes I loved that book and Robert Macammon has others that are good as well, but Swan Song was definitely his best work. It was a sad day when I realized he wasn't going to write anymore. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a movie based on that book? Of course, the special effects would be very costly I think!

I will have to read some of his other books when I have time. If there was a movie based on that book. I would definitely go see it. What a movie that would make. Yes, the special effects would be rather costly.

Have you ever read Stephen King's The Talisman? Another nice big book that is riveting throughout.

------------------
Old 04-09-2001, 06:42 AM   #67
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

geez... well... i like roses too, but i like the hardiness and longevity of orchids... and they look so differrent- they were my corsage for her at the prom...

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 04-09-2001, 02:13 PM   #68
Draconia

Quote:
Have you ever read Stephen King's The Talisman? Another nice big book that is riveting throughout.

I don't think I have read that one yet. I have read alot of Stephen King's books but it has been so long ago. I swear having kids has made me brain dead. The more kids I have, the more my memory goes. I will have to read that book next. I just wish I had more time.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-09-2001, 02:15 PM   #69
Draconia

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
geez... well... i like roses too, but i like the hardiness and longevity of orchids... and they look so differrent- they were my corsage for her at the prom...

A corsage with orchids sounds beautiful. I hoped she really liked it. I know I would of. I have never tried growing orchids. Are they something that can be grown easily? Just wondering. Maybe I can try.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-09-2001, 05:32 PM   #70
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, I loved "The Talisman". Talk about a blast from the past. That's been about 16 years since I read that one. I can remember crying like a jerk while reading it! *blushes* Oh well, if a book can move me like that, it's worthwhile.