Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 06:07 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/HallOfFame.shtml
The Hall of Fame...
Personally, I can recomend the Shadowlords modules.
But right now, I am playing 'a hunt through the dark' where you can play as a more classical Drow in the Underdark. Very cool.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

I would recommend 'An Ancient Heart' by Andy Ellis. It takes place in Damara where you, as a fledgling hero, have to save the kingdom from becoming a refridgerator by a expanding glacier by finding the heart of an ancient druid.

Some pros:
* Several interresting henchmen like a minotaur rogue, a barbarian pixie and and a certain Drow ranger.
* The ares are not loaded with placable so there's very few slowdowns.
* A good story that make 'An Ancient Heart' actually feel like a fantasy game.
* Some fun Easter Eggs like a set of items with names like 'Heart of Compassion' and 'Writ of Honesty'; the Ultima series, anyone.
* Some of the quests are quite well made such as the aquiring of magical berries for a 'person'. For every 10 you gather you get a magical item.
* A good system for transportation; you use a special kind of tree to teleport yourself you a small area which acts as a junction between different trees. You can only teleport to trees you've already visited and 'activated'. This kind of system is quite common in console RPG's.

Some cons:
* Some areas, especially villages, feels a bit empty. You wont find any bustling citites.
* I would say you level up a bit too fast, I'm already at level 11 and I haven't finished the module yet.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

How is the dialogue in AAH? Seriously, I find it very irritating that certain Drow' in 'a hunt through the dark' yell things like 'wow, you really kicked their arses'. Fortunately, the excellent scripting makes up for this.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

The dialogues are fairly good. The spelling and gramatics seems correct, although I'm no expert on that. One thing I really liked about the dialogues is that there are generally a couple different of dialogue options. I've only played a few modules but the ones I've played had few options on what to say, Basically: 1. 'say this to continue the quest' and 2. 'say goodbye.'