Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2003, 03:19 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Unless I find something of outstanding quality, I won't post very many more jokes or pics here. I have been dinged for doing so, so I figure the best policy is to cease. A single joke thread doesn't work...I've tried. Either there is little response or the thread gets out of hand to respond. So someone else will have to take over the 'Add-A-Caption'. I will post occasional news items or oddball things I find, but mostly I shall lurk.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 05-22-2003, 03:56 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Thats too bad Arvon. I didn't check out all the pics, but I did read most of your '20 things you...' lists. Those were hillarious [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

okay Arvon. just do what you think is good and safe.

though in your add a caption thing. most of the pictures I already saw from Cool Jerk's thread in halfway house last time.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:52 PM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Ah yes, I already noticed I didn't have to dig up the topics I'd posted in a few hours ago somewhere on page 2 anymore... Thanks Arvon, very considerate of you to make this small sacrifice. You're a true hero.
Even though I still think one central topic for all of your jokes could have worked.

[ 05-22-2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 05-22-2003, 04:59 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Why can't you just make a joke thread and have Ziroc sticky it? That way you could just post all the jokes there or something? Anyway, Sorry to hear this Arvon, I really enjoyed all your jokes.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 05-22-2003, 05:15 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I don't know why the choice has to be post recycled jokes or lurk. You could always... contribute to discussions . I don't remember you trying the single joke thread either. I'm not sure what sort of responses you're expecting - ha ha good joke is pretty much the extent I would have thought - and if you've seen one of those, you've seen them all. Anyway I'm sure you'll do what you think is best [img]smile.gif[/img] . I thought you would have only been posting really funny jokes anyway - why post ordinary ones that aren't very funny?!
Old 05-22-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Why can't you just make a joke thread and have Ziroc sticky it? That way you could just post all the jokes there or something? Anyway, Sorry to hear this Arvon, I really enjoyed all your jokes.
FYI I did indeed try a singular joke thread...It was called 'Funny Bone'. Was a big flop (or plop). As far as some one else beating me to posting joke, most of use get them from a few sources on the net, so it is most likely little is really 'new'.

I'm beginning to find some really funny stuff in the news, people are such damned fools.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 05-22-2003, 05:45 PM   #8
Zero Alpha

Dont stop joking Arvon! even if it annoys other people, its still great to come on the forums and have a laugh. especially with threads entitled 'Suicide' and such around.

keep it up Arvon
Old 05-22-2003, 06:01 PM   #9
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
Unless I find something of outstanding quality, I won't post very many more jokes or pics here. I have been dinged for doing so, so I figure the best policy is to cease. A single joke thread doesn't work...I've tried. Either there is little response or the thread gets out of hand to respond. So someone else will have to take over the 'Add-A-Caption'. I will post occasional news items or oddball things I find, but mostly I shall lurk.
I don't get it.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:25 PM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
I don't get it. [/QUOTE]Hahahahahahahahaha - Lanesra - toooooo funny. Seiously, that was one of the best laughs I have had in ages - thanks dude [img]smile.gif[/img] .