Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2001, 04:22 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Here we go again...

Has anyone from your area gone to join the Taliban? I heard about some ppl going, but noone from my area (Wouldn't You Like To Know).
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:30 PM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Here we go again...

Has anyone from your area gone to join the Taliban? I heard about some ppl going, but noone from my area (Wouldn't You Like To Know).
It would be interesting to know, at least what continent you are posting from.

I don't anyone living in Nowherefield, Vermont who has run away to join the circus (Taliban that is)!

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:32 PM   #3
tracey
Manshoon

no. but i do know quite a few who feel strongly enough to want to - and not for religious reasons either.

on a different note, i've started wearing my pakistani chemise and trousers as an act of personal solidarity for my muslim friends and fellow people who live in my area.

it's about standing shoulder to shoulder. there is a real threat to the followers of islam at the moment and i wear my chemise out down the ladypool road - predominantly muslim area, because it's a friendly gesture that i, at least, see each and every individual as an individual and i feel honoured to wear it and be complemented by elderly gentleman and young men/women.

it's an important time here in multicultural britain. i couldn't bear for people to start seeing indian/pakistani's etc, as a people apart from everyone else.

where i live, many muslims have family living very close to bombed areas and they're understndably nervous. there has been very little racial tension here, but still.........

it also is very very intersting to have friends and acquaintances who are musim and have many connections both political and religious to their mother land.

every city should have some - broadens the mind wonderfully.

i would send you my very good friend naim, but he's abroad at the mo.

he's one of the most amazing people i've ever had the pleasure of knowing and i adore him absolutely.

------------------

offended mistress of the illuminati
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:46 PM   #4
Horatio

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skywalker:
[B] It would be interesting to know, at least what continent you are posting from.

Sorry, I can't tell you that. But I can tell you it's a place with a view and a very large bird sitting outside the window. Okay, that's narrowed the search down.

Old 11-01-2001, 04:55 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

[quote]Originally posted by Horatio:
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:

Sorry, I can't tell you that. But I can tell you it's a place with a view and a very large bird sitting outside the window. Okay, that's narrowed the search down.

Well if you won't tell us your general geographical location, then it is very difficult to get a grasp of the points you are trying to make on your threads. I know you are speaking generally and just trying to get others thoughts, but I would like to know your angle and whether where you are from has any affect on your pespective.

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:59 PM   #6
Horatio

look, I'm not revealing my location due to a joke or gimick or anything like that. I just don't feel comfatable posting my location on the web. Call it a phobia if u like.
Old 11-01-2001, 10:58 PM   #7
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
on a different note, i've started wearing my pakistani chemise and trousers as an act of personal solidarity for my muslim friends and fellow people who live in my area.

Are you a muslim? If not, why dress like one, what kind of treatment are you expecting to earn for it?
You say it is a solidarity thing, but your reasoning has me seriously wondering enough to ask!

Horatio,
It doesn't matter where you are from...I understand not wanting to make certain things about yourself public knowledge. If you want to, you can come to Texas and look me up.

------------------

The best thing about karma is that you create your own.

Pets Need Love Too
Old 11-01-2001, 11:12 PM   #8
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

[B]
Quote:

Baltimore,Md ?
Quote the Raven

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
John D Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 08:45 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

[B]
Quote:

Sesame Street?

Your syntax and vocabulary suggest that you are British.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 08:53 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Here we go again...

What area is that? Why say "no-one from my area" yet not say where that area is?
It's counterproductively futile.

Regarding the phobia bit, lose it man. Most of us have posted our city. Rest on the anonymynity of your pseudonym. Skywalker is correct in that the location in many ways strengthens your P.O.V.

------------------
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote