Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 09:38 AM   #1
SilCross
Welcomed New User

Hi eveyone, I am a newbie to this game and this forum. Though many parts of this game aren't finished, it gotta be one of the greatest out in the market. Anyway, I was stucked on finding some items, been looking for Excalibur and Light sword for a TERRIBLY LONG TIME, still got no clue where they are. Man, my liz fighter is still using Bloodlust, and I am on my way to Rapax rift, which is rather depressing. Can anyone point out where to look for them, and do I need complete some kinda quest to get them?
My party is liz fighter
hob rogue
elf samurai
elf bishop
fae ranger
fae mage
I think fae ranger works out fine, but elf samurai......she gets unconcious when the fight gets to the 10th round. The bishop, what can I say? Definetely one most important cahr in my party.
SilCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 05:47 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hi SilCross [img]smile.gif[/img]

Excalibur is found in Davy Jones's locker after you kill Nessie in the Bayjin area. If you've already killed her and found the locker with no excalibur, I'm afraid you've missed it - it is a random item that isn't always there, and is generated upon entering the area (ie you have to rekill Nessie if you don't find it the first time and want it). The light sword is also found in that area - on the buccaneer ghosts (I think). Again it is randomly generated, somtimes they drop one sometimes they don't.

But don't worry if you've missed them both - I did . There are other swords that are very good. Someone in the rapax castle makes a very nice one, and there's one in the south-east wilderness that's also good.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:06 PM   #3
otter
Elminster

You don't have to kill Nessie to get to DJL; if you come from the Bayjin side, you can sneak past her if everyone has 100 Stealth & your timing is good. Coming from Gigas, you can run past her in combat mode to get to the other tunnel & sneak past her after you're disengaged.
The Buccaneer ghosts drop Light Swords sometimes. I like to wear them down to a few HP each, disengage, and save before killing them ONE AT A TIME; each one can drop a Light Sword, and i've had enough patience a couple times to get 2, once even 3.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 01:38 AM   #4
SilCross
Welcomed New User

Thanx a billion..... Though it was sad to know that I lost the chance of having them, but since my party is already too strong to be killed now (average level:22), without them wouldn't make that much of difference. guess I would have to find them in my next game.
SilCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #5
Oruboris

Fang and the Ivory blade are nearly as good.

Ferro will make you an Ivory blade with a hogar tusk, ring of protection and coral from the sea caves.

Fang is in the SE Wilderness temple, I think.

A useful note: Blood lust gives beserk attack mode to classes that don't ususally have it: Samurai, for instance. Even a fairly low level bishop can uncurse it for free after every combat, so the character can use his distance attack early in the next fight.

The Canzou dagger which you will get as part of the initiation into the templars is really a very good off hand weapon.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 05:52 PM   #6
otter
Elminster

and , of course, the avid Skill developer uses Bloodlust as an opportunity to practise Artifacts by reading Remove Curse scrolls at the thing. (the casters usually have their skills close to max by the time they get that spell)
Old 05-27-2002, 01:01 PM   #7
armakh
Manshoon

You can also find excalibur in the rapax queen's chest. There are a lot of good things that pop there...that's also where the muramasa blade, the best sam sword, comes up.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:49 PM   #8
otter
Elminster

Wow! Muramasa in DJL? i've never tried for Excal, so i've never fiddled with that chest much...i do know where there's another one!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
=
S
P
A
C
E
Rapax Queen chest, reload at entrance to URC. It's been about 1/3 for me.