Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 08:27 AM   #1
Freddie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok, the TRANG want something of the rapax, and told me to talk to someone in the swamp, Crock is dead? is there someone else? if not can I still do it..

the Umpani want something Trang, went all over Martens Bluff and cant find anything that seems Trang? please help

in Rapax, I cant find the wand to help the guy... there is a door I cant open.... been in all but one room upstairs.. opened the cells and didnt see any wands in the undead cells.. any advice on killing them? the one type there are three of and most spells dont work...

I have opened the door with the wheel key. . been to the 7th bough... dont know what to do really.. need a little direction.. my guys are like lvl 13 or 14 or something like that..

oh yeah, one more thing.. I found the broken savant droid.. if I had one less party member can I fix him and make him join, does he have a function...

oh I lied.. also.. I got tons of junk items from everywhere.. any advice on what to do with them...

thought I would let you know, everyone in Arnika except for Brattiff and the monks is dead.. crock is dead. . Myles is dead.. everyone else is alive though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

thanks

freddie
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 09:00 AM   #2
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

Spoilers
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
You could have bought some Eau De Rapax from Crook, and used that on the doll in the upper part of martens bluff, killed him to get the head.

Give the Umpani the T'Rang arm found in Upper martens bluff

Injured Android can be fixed using the NAS-82 potion found behind the Tower in Arnika. He is a monk , and one of the best NPC's in the game.

For a good walkthrough:
http://www.volberding.com/Wizardry8/Wiz8Main.htm
Old 04-15-2002, 11:35 AM   #3
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

The NAS-81 is also in the area where you find RFS-81, it's behind one of the huts... just in case you didn't grab it in Arnika
Old 04-15-2002, 12:32 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

RFS-81 is a non-psionic monk. He can do anything a regular monk can, except cast spells. His stats are good, and he is probably the best NPC overall in the game. There is only one place he won't enter, where all the others have 2 or more they refuse to go to.

Basically, what you should be doing right now is following up on the quests for the T'rang and Umpani, with a little exploration mixed in.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 12:51 PM   #5
armakh
Manshoon

You should have gotten the eau de Rapax when you killed Crock (I did, along with all of his gadget items)
Old 04-15-2002, 02:11 PM   #6
Freddie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

can I dismiss a party member to grab the robot?

I got hte perfume.. I thought I have been everywhere but I never saw a doll or an arm?

I also have the oil.. .

hmmm.. . wish I hadnt killed crock..

ok will follow up, look for the arm and doll.. . and then see where I go from there.. thanks for the help

ok ok . . I forgot about the perfume, just got 4 from 2 and 2..
Old 04-15-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
Annheiser
Manshoon

??? and ????

You have 2 slots outside of your 6-man party for RPCs. You can not dismiss a party member for an additional RPC. You can however dismiss an RPC to be replaced by another RPC.

The doll is a Rapax Dummy you can find at the elevator in Marten's Bluff. In the control room, there's a lever. Throw it down and it will drop the dummy you can use the perfume on to attract the Raven Rapax.

Check out the FAQ for a complete walkthrough to obtain alliance from both T'Rang and Umpani if you want:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...dry_viii_a.txt
Old 04-16-2002, 01:42 AM   #8
Freddie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok.. figured out the doll thing. . by the way did you know you can cure draining in the mountain tunnels at the Umpani..

here is where I am at.. just killed the DON and got the Astral Dominae.. . the current Umpani mission is to do training but it is broken. . I got wires? this is my first time to play a game like this so I havent developed the style of thinking yet..

the trang want me to go to see the mook. . I have been everywhere in Arnika I think. . I saw a hologram and a ship. . but nothing I could negotiate with?

more direction please... I have gone all over the place..

I still havent saved the rapax guy...

thanks freddie
Old 04-16-2002, 03:31 AM   #9
ice3
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
the trang want me to go to see the mook. . I have been everywhere in Arnika I think. . I saw a hologram and a ship. . but nothing I could negotiate with?
You can negociate with the hologram directly!

The staff you need for the Cursed Rapax is in the Rapaxe rift. It's in a big fire cage in the center of the map. You cannot miss it! Or buy a new pair of glasses [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 08:39 PM   #10
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Annheiser:
Check out the FAQ for a complete walkthrough to obtain alliance from both T'Rang and Umpani if you want:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...dry_viii_a.txt
That link gets intercepted on the Game Faqs site with some baloney stuff about illegal referrals.

Kiwi

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote