Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2002, 02:25 PM   #11
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

No set snares ability but 6d6 sneak damage at level 11. Get 10 or 11 levels of rogue put the rest into barbarian/ranger/fighter. Sneak attack is great.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 03:46 PM   #12
Vassago
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gheital:
How effective the sneak attack is? If I have high enough hiding skill, can I hide in a middle of a fight?
Sneak Attack works if you attack a foe from a flanking position. You do not have to be hidden for this to happen. If you attack someone or thing from the side or from behind, you will get a sneak attack.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:02 AM   #13
Rankor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all of your input.

Vassago, do you really think I should dual my thief to a warrior type even if I have to take the hit in XP?

Rankor
Rankor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 09:07 AM   #14
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I got an idea! SQUATTT!! Keep your rogue's level at 8 and gain levels but dont level up! Dont level up til your character level is 7. Then level up 7 levels well no xp penalty [img]smile.gif[/img]

or you can change your race with dalekeeper 2. change your race to human. make a barbarian/rogue/fighter/ranger character.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:25 PM   #15
Vassago
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rankor:
Thanks for all of your input.

Vassago, do you really think I should dual my thief to a warrior type even if I have to take the hit in XP?

Rankor
With having 7 levels of Rogue already under your belt, I don't think it would be a good idea to multi him. If he was a human or half-elf w/ no xp penalty, then I would say do it. I think your options are
1) Keep him as a full Rogue
2) Create a new rogue w/ thought of multiclassing him and continue on.
3) Same as 2, but solo him from the begining until he has about the same xp as your current rogue.
4) Use dalekeeper

Of course, option 2 & 3 are considered cheating by some, but I think it depends on how you want to play. Me, I like my guys to have some xp going in to their journey, so I solo each character thru the Prologue then regroup them for my full game. This will typically get you about 6 levels. I just consider this an experienced party that has come to help the town of Targos. Do you really think the Iron Collar Band are all 1st level characters? Just my 2 cents.