Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 12:26 AM   #121
Sillara of the Tamari
The Magister

Excellent, as always! Short, though. [img]tongue.gif[/img] More, more!

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=17\" target=\"_blank\">Tsujatha</a>?<br />If you like Tsujatha, you should read his [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/novels.htm\" target=\"_blank\">novels</a>.<br />Natha ssin\'urn lu\' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l\' rivven: [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=18\" target=\"_blank\">Yasraena</a> zhah ghil!<br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=16\" target=\"_blank\">Saerileth\'s</a> bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.
Sillara of the Tamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #122
Sillara of the Tamari
The Magister

And is it time for another installment? Please?

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=17\" target=\"_blank\">Tsujatha</a>?<br />If you like Tsujatha, you should read his [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/novels.htm\" target=\"_blank\">novels</a>.<br />Natha ssin\'urn lu\' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l\' rivven: [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=18\" target=\"_blank\">Yasraena</a> zhah ghil!<br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=16\" target=\"_blank\">Saerileth\'s</a> bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #123
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

I would've had it done by now probably if I hadn't just got distracted by a nice little dungeon crawl in Undermountain tonight!

I'm pretty sure that the next installment is all typed up, I just need to spend an hour or so sorting out all the pictures and perhaps a bit longer tidying it up. I'll see if I can have it done tomorrow night Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year by the way Sillara!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #124
Sillara of the Tamari
The Magister

Yes, I did! And belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too! And now I can look forward to the next installment.

Oh, by the way, Saerileth has been updated to v10. It is not a critical update (no huge bugfixes), but it is nice. Or at least I think so! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sillara
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #125
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Yay! I just read through this page, great work! Cannot wait for the next installment!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #126
chickenhed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just thought I would chime in and say how much I enjoy reading this. Well done indeed!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #127
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Chapter 13, Part 1.

Well, I'm feeling much happier at the end of this period, it looks like things are back to their usual form. We were even ambushed last night, although I have to admit it was slightly worrying at the time, largely due to an invisible beast stalking me! Most disturbing.
Quote:

Ceara and her cronies emerge from the shadows.

The culprit was none other than Ceara herself, obviously deciding to take matters into her own hands and wrench the secret of sorcery from Kelsey's head personally.

She did make me chuckle though: "I do not take kindly to outsiders meddling in the course of scientific research". Who does she think she is?! After quite a long battle that was dominated by magic, they were seen off. Tsujatha once again proved to be an asset, as much as it galls me to say so, destroying several of them by separating them from their souls.
Quote:

The last of Kelsey's 'friends' are dispatched.

In the morning we made a trip to the marketplace where Tsujatha once again proved surprisingly useful, helping to identify many of the more obscure items we had between us.

He gently reminded me about meeting his contact, someone called Fran Brel in the Bridge District - I suppose it had been a while since he first approached us about it. I asked if Trademeet should come first, but no, apparently not. That man is selfish to the core, I swear it!

We had an uneventful journey back to Athkatla, with many an amusing moment actually. Jan in particular was in fine form. At one point when we had paused for a break, he seemed to get very confused and started ranting about how he "hates rancid turnips and creepy crawly bugs that have parties, sing with glee at a decimated turnip."

I could not resist encouraging him.

"Truly your observations fascinate me. Speak on good gnome!" I told him, in my most serious voice - even Saerileth had to smile.
"Ah, I love a sympathetic audience" he cheerfully remarked: "they tend to throw softer bricks! Insects aren't bad - just misguided! I'll demonstrate!"

He then proceeded to shoot me with a bloody great cloud of insects! I wasn't quite sure whether to kill him or congratulate him! In the end, when I saw his mouth opening to explain why I shouldn't kill him, I decided it would be quicker to just acquiesce and restrain myself! But in any case, I'm sure this weapon will come in handy for the future.

Kelsey also decided to strike up a conversation, turning my mind to more serious thoughts as he asked me when did I get used to all the killing. I suppose it must have been right after Gorion's death when I learnt the hard way that there were many who would never call me friend.

Kelsey gets pretty distressed by it all, but he does seem to cope. As he wryly pointed out, he has countless magic missiles to thank for his continued good health and cheer. I thought it best to encourage this line of thinking, pointing out that a lot do have it coming to them. He couldn't help but agree, although he has no wish to end up with killing and war as a hobby...I can't say I blame him really.

We were greeted by Liutenant Aegisfield at the entrance to the Bridge district in Amn who told us about some disgustingly sick murders that had taken place. Somebody had been killing paupers and skinning their corpses!
"Tyr shield the innocent! We must bring justice to to the guilty!" Saerileth announced, and I agreed completely with her. I find that her clarity of thought and direction brings me great comfort at times and helps me choose a path in what is an ever more complicated world. It appears that I have much to thank Tyr for after all!

The fates had other plans however and no sooner had we set out we were accosted by a little halfing who turned out to be none other than young Beeloo Jansen. He brought grave tidings from the Jansen family, so it was with all haste that we arrived in the slums to visit them. Kelsey wasn't too impressed with the area as we walked through it - trade is down on what he remembered and the fish-market is apparently a joke. Hopefully things will improve following the demise of Lehtinan and the other criminals from this area.

It turned out that a man called Vaelag was responsible for the Jansen family problems, having beaten Jan's old sweetheart Lissa and her daughter, Jaella. He had fled for now, but Saerileth was particularly keen that Tyr's justice would catch up with him in the not-too-distant future!
Quote:

Detheriel creates havoc amongst the nobles.

Jaella was sick in the mind from some strange illness, so Jan left the party to tend to her and directed us to speak to his ageing Uncle Gerhardt who he thought might know the cure. The man was clearly a bit disturbed, but understood enough to mention that we need to find The Hidden, whatever or whoever that was. We duly set off to visit Lady Jysstev in the Government district where Mazzy proceeded to lift my spirits for the day. She declared that my heart was in the right place and wished to reaffirm that she will always stand by me whilst I'm on this path.

It was a nice sentiment and I expressed my appreciation, but I couldn't help but wonder about what happens when I stray from the path that she thinks is the right one - that's when I would be likely to need her most! Still, it is nice to know that my lapse in the dungeon has not affected the opinion of the entire party towards me though.

We reached the Jysstev estate without incident and cornered Lady Jysstev who, after some persuasion, told us to meet with The Hidden in the sewers below the city. She warned us that her contact might be angry as we weren't one of the Enlightened Ones. I pressed her further about them, but she was having none of it so we immediately returned to the Copper Coronet where we planned to use the back passages to gain entry to the sewers again.
Quote:

The party confronts 'the hidden' in the sewers

We met with the Hidden, a rather unobliging fellow who said that I had no right to have knowledge of either the Hidden or the Enlightened Ones. I couldn't resist pressing him further, enquiring about his connection with Gerhardt but he forced me away from such topics and asked if we were here to cure the girl.
Quote:

The Thumb bids us welcome at the Sea's Bounty

He claimed that a cure was within his power, but only if we performed a deed for him. I really hate being sent on errands by suspicious characters but I thought it best to get on with it in this case. The deed turned out to be a dirty one - an assassination of two creatures of "evil intent". Our contact was none other than the flamboyant Thumb, proprietor of the Sea's Bounty. He directed us to the Five Flagons inn and one ambush later we arrived to a warm fire and a cracking yarn being spun about the Firewine Ruins by a young redheaded bard.
Quote:

The party fights their way through a cowardly ambush

That brought back some memories I can tell you! I rather liked the look of her, so I approached and bought her a drink or two to get the conversation flowing. After telling her who I was she needed no encouragement to join up with us - it should be good to have someone as lighthearted as her along for the ride.
Quote:

Tales of Keto's unique approach to adventuring hold the tavern in thrall

[ 01-19-2006, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
Old 01-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #128
Sillara of the Tamari
The Magister

Excellent as always! I can't wait for the next part. I just hope it's soon!

Sillara
Old 01-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #129
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Ooooh... I sense a romantic conflict in teh making
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #130
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Chapter 13, Part 2

We proceeded to search the upstairs of the inn and ran into none other than Flan Brel, the very person Tsujatha wished to find! He referred to Tsujatha as 'the Melalor', whatever that means, and proved to be rather unresponsive to Tsujatha's questioning. As we walked into the room Saerileth had muttered a quick prayer to Tyr under her breath and informed me that he was evil at heart. I therefore stood by, stony-faced, as Tsujatha proceded to extract the information forcibly. If Brel thought that I would come to his aid, he was sorely disappointed.
Quote:

A time to keep emotions in check

This 'Sorkyst' who seems to be hunting Tsujatha can apparently be found in the North Forest, but as we had no directions there and more important matters to attend to we continued our search of the top floor.

We then stumbled upon two fabled githyanki, of all creatures! I'd never even seen one before, but luckily they didn't live up to their fearsome reputation and were soon dealt with.
Quote:

The mysterious creatures did not take kindly to being disturbed.

We returned to the sewers to meet our contact and inform him of the good news. He was true to his word and claimed that Jaella was now healed, but under further questioning revealed himself to be none another than a many-tentacled creature of nightmares - a mind flayer! This was obviously a day for strange encounters and I shall not sleep easily in my bed tonight after seeing it so closely.
Quote:

The party recoils from the many-tentacled horror before them.

We returned to Jan's, to give him the good news, only to find that the foolish girl has returned to Vaelag! He asked for my backing if Vaelag needs to be dealt with in the future and of course I couldn't refuse. After welcoming him back to the party we returned to the Promenade area for some bartering and an inn.

As we searched for a room, we interrupted a boisterous party, led by a particularly loud dwarf. After a long day I responded irritably and it was enough for them to draw steel on us!
Quote:

The party quickly runs into the room to face attacks on all fronts.

Whilst Tsujatha quickly dispatched their magic users, Saerileth bravely resisted the onslaught until we could come to her aid. Damn that shady assassin though, if his stab had been a little to the left then I dread to think of the consequences.
Quote:

Saerileth is rescued!

As I write this now, Kelsey and Keto seem to be getting on well which is a good sign. Harmony is always good in a party, especially one which I have to lead. Apparently Keto's hair broach has quite a history behind it - what are the odds that its two owners would eventually meet?! The fates apparently twist more than just the lives of men to their whim.

-----

Not sure if the North Forest not appearing is a bug, or if you don't want us to continue until we pass there on the main quest Sillara? I was very glad to kick off Tsujatha's plot, it seems very interesting and I particularly like the emphasis on roleplaying in the dialogue options.

[ 01-26-2006, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]