Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2002, 03:43 AM   #1
Lucifer Lord of demons
Manshoon

I have a HUGE problem. My sorc can cast spells (all of dem) but my monk-sorc (monk from those who dual to sorc) and my bard can't. They've got the spells but they arre blanked out. They are NOT waring armour(even though this doesn't count in 3rd ed)

BTW I have NO experience with the 3rd ed rules

PLEASE HELP
When someone insults you, do not kill them there and then. It is a bad thing to do. Instead plot revenge, destroy his life, ruin him and in the end leave him to think about his fate. He\'ll understand the errors of his actions. <br /><br />\"Thaaat dooesn\'t huuuuurt!!!\"<br />(Victim of a dark elf assasin before losing his head)
Lucifer Lord of demons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 03:53 AM   #2
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

You have to have a charisma of 10 + the level of the spell that you want to cast for sorcerors and bards... for example... for chromatic orb (1st level) you need an 11 charisma... and etc.

Additional note:
For clerics, druids, rangers and paladins, it is wisdom, not charisma...
For wizards it is intelligence...
I don't think that monks need a casting statistic...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 04:16 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Monk dual classed to Sorcerer need charisma too.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:12 AM   #4
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer Lord of demons:
I have a HUGE problem. My sorc can cast spells (all of dem) but my monk-sorc (monk from those who dual to sorc) and my bard can't. They've got the spells but they arre blanked out. They are NOT waring armour(even though this doesn't count in 3rd ed)

BTW I have NO experience with the 3rd ed rules

PLEASE HELP
Make sure that they aren't under an effect like the ones from the 'antimagic' spell. Clerics, i believe, have this spell, so you might, without knowing it, casted that spell or, like in the Auril ice temple, where you have a section that falls under an antimagic effect. Check your character sheet, it should be mentioned there.