Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2001, 02:59 AM   #11
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I take shower, cleansing and fasting for three days, say prayers 12 times a day, then click the holy mouse to install it
Ahahhahhahhahhahhahahha
Whooooo well i dont even make it to the chair! I get so excited i need to be slapped to keep from bouncing off the walls! I get a big excited smile and nothing can come between me and the eagerness to get going! Its the worst if the game sucks!
Old 10-19-2001, 03:12 AM   #12
Pangur Ban

When I get my copy of Wizardry 8 I'm going to give the word "obsession" a new meaning !!!

Manuals are great fun - I have them all sorted and stored in a filing cabinet - Its only the game boxes I have to throw out because of lack of space ..

Pangrrrr Ban

------------------
-------------------------------------------

( Insert picture of hissing cat with arched back and bristling tail here .... )

-------------------------------------------
"Sad is the society where people may walk their dogs in public without wearing a helmet and protective kneepads ...."
Old 10-19-2001, 03:18 AM   #13
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Someone who is as obsessive with reading the manual as me? I always read the manual first chance I get, whether in a park, at a mall, in the train, in the bus or, if no other opportunities present themselves, at home while I wait for it to install.
I've been there and done that. I usually end up reading a lot
of the manual at stoplights. (So next time you see someone
sitting at a stoplight reading, don't honk....I might lose my
place.)

Old 10-19-2001, 03:30 AM   #14
Rikard

Lol I just get home rip the package install and start playing
First time i can;t play (sleep/eat) i start reading the manual to see whether i forgot to do some important stuff
normally I read books before i go to sleep, but i can replace books by m,anuals or player handbooks

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Druidic Sorcerer of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Spam Sentinal of the Ironworks
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-19-2001, 05:09 AM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Lol I just get home rip the package install and start playing
First time i can;t play (sleep/eat) i start reading the manual to see whether i forgot to do some important stuff
normally I read books before i go to sleep, but i can replace books by m,anuals or player handbooks

I often read manuals before going to sleep too if I haven't got any books which I haven't already read 4 times.

Old 10-19-2001, 06:35 AM   #16
Garnet

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Ahahhahhahhahhahhahahha
Whooooo well i dont even make it to the chair! I get so excited i need to be slapped to keep from bouncing off the walls! I get a big excited smile and nothing can come between me and the eagerness to get going! Its the worst if the game sucks!
I'm a relative newcomer to the joys of computer rpg (*very* picky!), but I get so impatient to try a new one--it's a 20 min. drive minimum with no traffic from 'town' to home and entirely too long! Then, after I got BG1, the install disk was a total lemon and wouldn't install!!!!!!!! Had to wait til the _next day_ to exchange. I was *not* a happy camper--until I got home, plopped my butt in the chair and happily muddled through my first game!

You're supposed to read the manual *BEFORE* you play?!?!? :slaps forehead: I knew there was something I forgot to do!

Garnet

Old 10-19-2001, 07:23 AM   #17
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Well, I open up the game, install the game, search for patches, install patches, read the manual, buy the cheat book, place the book in the bathroom to be read during the "daily loaf pinching ceremony". I now know my spells quite well.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-19-2001, 07:37 AM   #18
Garnet

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
Well, I open up the game, install the game, search for patches, install patches, read the manual, buy the cheat book, place the book in the bathroom to be read during the "daily loaf pinching ceremony". I now know my spells quite well.

::nods:: Exactly, except I forego reading the manual in entirety until I hit a snag (must've been a male in a past life ) and no cheat books--that's what the web is for But the manuals have been known to be found in the 'office' for impromptu reading--

Garnet

Old 10-19-2001, 08:26 AM   #19
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Of course I read the manual, but I only do it on the way home. When I get home it's game time! I can play for hours. When I got my hands on FF7 I woke up in early, everyone was gone, so I started playing. When I looked out the window, it was dark outside. I played for nine straight hours! Man I can't wait until FF10!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:42 AM   #20
Byronas

In summer, when my father bought me BG2, I've played over 5hours a day.
This is much, isn't it?

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.