Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2002, 08:27 AM   #1
Tormentor
Manshoon

i don't know how i even still manage to get here, but it's not even listed in the ironworks gaming section anymore?.... hmm , baldur's gate is still the best game imo..... f* neverwinter nights, bg2, tob....
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 09:04 AM   #2
Tormentor
Manshoon

come on people! i reply at your posts, so you reply on mine! ... hehe i'm desperately bored....
Old 07-20-2002, 10:56 AM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Tormentor I suggest you allow at least 24 hours for response before you asume no one is answering. This forum is not dead I can locate it quite easily under the gaming classics section. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 10:58 AM   #4
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

And don't forget that some people are in different time zones.

[ 07-20-2002, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Arwyn the Betrayer ]
Arwyn the Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 05:21 PM   #5
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

The reason why not so many people post on this forum anymore is because while it is still a great game, BG isn't played as much these days. I still prefer the storyline and depth of this game as opposed to NWN and DS but the last time I loaded up a game of BG was over a year ago.

If there is something that you desperately need help on then maybe you could post in general Disscussion with a link to this forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you are bored then feel free to drop in and have a look at some of the other forums on site, so long as you abide by the Terms of Service we'll be happy to see your views on topics in GD
Old 07-20-2002, 06:40 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yep, this board is dead. In fact, it's so dead that this topic would be buried by now if we didn't keep bumping it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You make a lot of points, Tormentor--I think that BG1 does indeed have a better feel to it than BG2. I still remember getting to the Crossroads on my very first game, and then I noticed that the color of the screen seemed to be slowly changing, from a bright, yellow light, to a soft russet color. "Wait a Minute!" I said. "Am I watching a SUNSET???" And then I heard the crickets. Little unexpected details like that really make a game, going the extra mile to prove you're not just another sword & sorcery deal.

How many moments like that are in BG2? None, as far as I can tell. There's one really interersting plot twist that you might run into, depending on who you have in your party, but unfortunately I'd already been spoiled on that one, so I couldn't tell you how I felt at the surprise. In BG1, you were finding your place in the world--roleplaying. In BG2, you're looking for better weapons and trying to solve all the quests you can before you go do the ending--powergaming.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:31 PM   #7
Tormentor
Manshoon

hehe sorry people. but i was really _REALLY_ bored,

anyway i also can't get into BG2 as much as BG1, the atmosphere is totally different, it aint THAT medieval anymore, the music is lesser, there are wierd techno'ish things everywhere, and what about the nice Inns with those nice musics?... they are hardly there... i also feel 'trapped' within BG2, there's definantely less freedom then in BG1, i wish to go into each house i see like in BG1, and well... the part from BG2 where you were 2 chapters gone from atkathla and couldnt return was so boring IMO...

i could go on like this for hours....
Old 07-22-2002, 06:41 PM   #8
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Have you tried the mods available for BG? They're downloadable for free (quite large files apparently ) and they let you get to much higher levels and add alot more than TotSC. I've never tried them myself but if you're looking to get in some "classic" BG then I suggest you give them a shot [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think one of them is called "The Darkest Day" but I can't remember the name of the other one [img]tongue.gif[/img] (The second one might even be a mod for BGII, dunno )
Old 07-22-2002, 06:51 PM   #9
Tormentor
Manshoon

ive heard of them, but my problem is my 56k modem, so i won't be able to play it/them untill i have a cable connection (which isn't available in this beregost type of small village...) also no ADSL