Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I just did something i haven't seen mentioned anywhere:
I started 4 Fighters and ran them pretty much straight through the crabs, green slimes, and the 2 noxious slimes, just to get enough levels to get King Crab and Gregor to find out what's in the coffins. (i also noted that if Amulet of Static is in the beach chest, better stuff is in the coffins)
I decided to be happy with: Puck's Cap, Lithe Buckler, Ench Longsword, and a Brimstone Ring. Then i recycled my chars to the party of four i wanted.
I kept the save just before changing them, so i could play with the same stuff but different parties. Another interesting thing about this--i had a lot more money to buy start gear for the recycled char's.

Another real cheesy thing i did was to let one of the four die so i had a party of 3 for whom mob spawns were all 3/4 easier levelwise.

So if all you wanna do is mash on stuff, and don't really mind the lack of challenge, there's some stuff to try.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:54 AM   #2
TINKER_TINKERMAN
Dungeon Master

I'm a big fan of recycling... Most of my full size partys are started as imports from wiz 7, change everybody to new characters and then go visit burz. My current pansy party started that way. Hey after all having over 12000 in gold when you leave the monestary ain't all bad...
Old 08-20-2003, 05:19 AM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Well, yah, 7 of my first 10 finishes were imports--i made charts to figure out what to import as to get the best stats for the parties i wanted, and figuring out what equipment made the most sense to import.
Then i used the imports to recycle, too, so my "all new" party had the nice toys
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote