Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It seem that some of you, who looked at the "Respect" thread, have been offended by what I said, and I am sorry.

When I told people to stop questioning moderator's action, I had two goal. First of all, it was directed to the members that have been having attitude problems recently. Also, it was so that members in good standing don't join the discussion, and get caught in the "cross fire".

Most of you should not be concerned about what is happening lately. It seem that some of you think you are going to get banned for no reason.

All this is only about a few members. Some members have been trying to create an bad atmosphere by being rude to moderators who ask them to stop doing something. Those of you who have visited lots of forum will know what I mean. You know, when you visit a forum, and there is the band of "tough guy" or "royalty" who are above the rules, and think they own the board. Those kind of person like to create their own rules, and quickly scare away everyone that does not agree with them.

Well... recently, a few members decided they wanted to do that here. It started with them acting like smartass, and bullying other members, and then they started disrespecting the moderators, too.

Well... we won't tolerate that kind of attitude here. Myself, and I am sure that most of you, too, are very proud of the fact that this forum is one of the friendlier on the net.

What are the Ironwork's rules? They are easy:

Be nice to everyone.
Do not spam.
Do not discuss about piracy.
Keep small sigs.
Do not question a moderator's action in public.

Is this so hard to follow? Do we really need members who can't follow those simple rules?

Those same members that have been creating trouble are trying to make you believe that we are very harsh, not fair and don't care about your opinions. but that is not true.

If one of your topic get deleted, and you want to know why, simply email one of us. If you think we are doing something wrong, we would like to hear about it, too. But some members are trying to question us just to destroy our autority. That's why you need to keep these questions and comments to PMs and emails.

Are we fair? Are the rules applying to us, too?

The rules are even harder for us than they are for regular members. As moderators, we need to lead by example. A member breaking the rules might get away with a warning, even if he do it multiple times, but a moderator won't. It would not take long for a moderator to lose his status if he created trouble. That's also why we do not have favorite members. If a moderator is not fair, we will know it, and Ziroc won't tolerate it.

Again, don't worry. I am sorry if I gave you the impression that we would ban anyone that disagreed with us.

You don't have to agree with a moderator's opinion on casual things, if I like dogs more than cats, and you like cats better, you have the right to tell me. But if I tell you your sig is too big, and you disagree, contact one of us by PMs.

Only members that very blatantly break the rules, or who keep breaking rules all the time are going to get in trouble