Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM   #1
allstargoaly
Dungeon Master

What would have to be your worst party ever?!?!?!? How about the dumbest idea or move you have ever made in wiz8? Or even just something funny that has never happend before. I guess I just want to have a good laugh after having that miserable party of 4. Come on now; don't be shy...

[ 10-28-2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: allstargoaly ]
Old 10-28-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
Rezdude03
Manshoon

i thought i could reach this other ledge in the rapax rift by running trough the lava. i was even stupid enough to try it twice, in two places! D'OH!
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 05:39 PM   #3
sultan

the last time through, i forgot to grab marten's helm from the chest when i opened it. since i typically do that early, then go for the tomb last, i managed to spend the entire game without it, not realising until i'm at the tomb. duh. i figure i must have opened the chest, not seen anything i liked, and just left!

that's the curse of experience!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:21 PM   #4
Killer_Rogues
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A party of four - ninja, fighter, rogue, mage. the catch? All Fairies! I guess i have little patience and couldn't handle all the reloads because of people dying. Gave it up and am now looking for a fun party to play.
Killer_Rogues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:02 PM   #5
sultan

hey KR, this is a bit off-topic, but a fun party is fighter, rogue, bard, bishop. easy to develop for a moderately experienced player, almost mindless to run. and they just stomp all over everything ~

another goof - was reloading nessie a dozen times trying to get the ring of regen (the first time it loaded it came with divinemail, too - sweet - but it took forever!), and ended up getting the whole party swallowed. that has to be the strangest way i've lost a party in this game!

we beat her about 9 out of 10 over dozens of reloads, but you've got to figure if you re-do it enough the random tables are eventually going to come out against you!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:57 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Arrow

One of my continuing goofs is to forget to put on Magic Screen later (mid-game). Then magic casters show up where I don't expect them and all of a sudden my great party is insane or taking big elemental damage... I sometimes continue the battle anyway but it seems stupid.

None of the parties I have tried have been big losers, except for maybe the first one when I had a Ninja and Samurai and they kept dying on me, I forget the races.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #7
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

My biggest mistake:

I once entered Lower Marten's Bluff from the Mine Tunnels. Found the Umpani device ( forgot its name ) you need to open some doors. I opened the door next to Z'Ant and thought that I could talk to him also from the other side of his window. VERY big fault. He and the T'rang turned hostile and because in this game I wanted to create an aliiance with both sides I had to start a new game.

Worst party :

Don't know. I don't create parties I don't like and I believe there is no "worst" party (with the exception that you really want to create one that must be bad )
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 12:20 AM   #8
sultan

oh, i dont know, loudhy. i've created parties i thought were just swell ideas, until i actually played them. memorable was the all dracon party with no pure spellcasters. the bard, sam, and valk did a fair bit of work, but the group used to get beat up by all the magic in the game.

surely you have some that didnt turn out quite as you planned...?
Old 10-29-2003, 12:54 AM   #9
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Heh. I started about a dozen games with randomly determined party makeup, using a seperate roll for: 2-6 for party size, 1-11 and 1-14 to determine race and class for each member.
Some i thought might work didn't, i don't remember the details, but i'm sure you can imagine...
Only one i thought would work and didn't was 3 Lords. Lack of both Alch and PP made them too poor to equip for the essential protections.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #10
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Of course I had bad parties Sultan, but that's not the way I define "worst" .
IMO a worst party is if I create a wrong race/profession combination ( and I know it ) or I use a race I don't like ( for me Hobbits ) or I create parties that I know will never reach Arnika because I don't like them.
Making mistakes at the beginnig of the game is normal but I think that has nothing to do with worst.
In my parties I need a good race/profession/picture/voice combination.In my current party I have I Fairie Rogue even I know know ( from your help ) that there are better logic choices. I never used a Samurai because I didn't find a
combination that fits my imagination of a Samurai . Crazy , isn't it ?
So with all my parties, even if they lost , I had fun [img]smile.gif[/img] and so for me there were no worst parties.
But maybe because English isn't my native language I misunderstand the meaning of "worst" in this topic .
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote