Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2004, 01:07 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

One of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. Absolutely astoundingly beautiful. Stanley park... marine drive up around North Vancouver.... the views of and from the downtown area and it's water.... simply breathtaking. Great spirit, vibe, atmosphere. Clean, beautiful, friendly, trees trees trees!! How awesome!!

Only here for a couple of days, but I will be back. I'd love to take a drive from Vancouver up to Alaska or something.

Wow.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 03-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #2
spydar

I've been to Van city several times, and I think it might have been the time of year, but I never saw the sun. ever. I was there for 5 days, and no sun, just fog. it is nice there (understatement I know), but everyone from there are wusses when it comes to real canadian weather. try a winter in my home town, where we don't bother with a thermometer cause the wind chill will bump the temp down atleast another 10 degrees.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:04 AM   #3
Cienden
Manshoon

I know this is pathetic, but I've lived for nearly 17 years just a few hours south of Vancouver, down in Washington past Seattle, and never been there yet except for driving by it heading southwards once, from Edmonton, Alberta, of all places.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:43 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes Vancouver's beautiful indeed. I'm glad you liked it north of the border Yorick. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Too bad the Nucks aren't that good, otherwise I'd consider a move. (Yes, that one's for you Djinn. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 03-29-2004, 05:50 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Yes Vancouver's beautiful indeed. I'm glad you liked it north of the border Yorick. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Too bad the Nucks aren't that good, otherwise I'd consider a move. (Yes, that one's for you Djinn. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
If were going in that direction, you know there's only one place you can move to.... and that's Detroit. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:

What a bad omen this whole Bertuzzi thing has been for the team. Makes me want to cry. But even still there is a faint amount of hope clinging to my heart that my beloved Canucks can overcome this tragedy, deal with the adversity, and forge their destiny on the side of the Stanley Cup.

Yorick glad you liked Vancouver.. Next time get to Vancouver Island! Van is indeed a beautiful city, the mountains, trees, the climate. Spring and summer is great there but as said above by Spydar.. sometimes, especially in the fall and winter, the rain that comes down can get dreary after awhile. Of course living in the area all my life i've become quite used to it.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:54 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I miss the rain, I have been living in a semi-arid desert for the past 6 years. It is a good thing that BC and the mountains are only a few hours away.

[ 03-29-2004, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 03-29-2004, 05:06 PM   #8
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

I grew up on Vancouver Island and now live in Vancouver. Its neat to hear someone from soemwhere else saying how pretty it is here. When you live in vancouver you tend to take it for granted. Other great places though are.... South Africa and New Zealand.

Now for the Canucks. They aren't doing that badly. They are second in the division. Yes, its sucks what happened to Bertuzzi. But arguably because of Bertuzzi,we got Rucinski and Sanderson who are both doing well. Sure we lost to the Blue Jackets ( Yes....how in the world did we lose to the Blue Jackets....no offense to anyone reading from Columbus or are Fans of the Blue Jackets. ) but Saturdays game against Dallas was good. We're going to be in the playoff's. We still have a good chance for the division title and the fact that we've never won a Stanley cup doesn't mean we ain't going to ehh? ( Go Canucks Go!!!!)