Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I despise Microshaft!

My graphics card seems to be hating my operating system (I agree with it, Windows ME blows, but I can't afford anything else right now...), and my OS hates it right back...it no longer shuts down properly, and I recently FULLY RESTORED THE THING...the only stuff on the computer rihgt now is factory BS and the drivers for my graphic's card...

Somehow, though, I always get error messages on shutdown attempt, and then it goes back to the main screen and refuses to recognize any input...so I have to manually shut down, which bites...

Any advice?

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 03-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Start saving for a new operating systems. Either Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro ( I dont like XP Home)

Windows ME has always been problematic, I have read in a few tech sites that the code for it was never completed, that Microshaft ( as you put it ) rushed it out to coincide with the turn of the century.

I run Windows 2k and XP Pro exclusivly and have had no grapics, or even performance problems at all. I know its expensive, but that is the only advice I can offer you unless you wish to abandon Microshaft.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:10 AM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

THANKS...though it hurts...oh well...I REALLY can't afford an Apple, and Linux is just a little too much for me right now...but...new OS it is!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 03-31-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I agree about WinME as being scary to own. XP is the thing to have now, but what is wrong with the home version? I have the home version and it makes me happy. Is there applications that you have that specifically need to have the extra strength? Am I missing out on the real fun?
Old 03-31-2004, 02:59 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Not unless you are the kind of sad person that gets his kicks by setting up advanced networking. I you can live without VPN access and so on and so forth, XPhome is adequate.

Or if your sharing secure information across your network, you can't password it if you share it from an XPhome computer.

Other than that theres no real reason to have XPpro over home.