Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

http://encarta.msn.com/column/catsanddogsmain.asp
Old 07-20-2003, 11:06 PM   #2
cazzie
Dungeon Master

imo dogs r smarter only cuz cats can't b taught tricks but dogs can [img]smile.gif[/img] ...dogs r smart enough so they don't have to lick themselves they have human servants who clean them instead.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by cazzie:
imo dogs r smarter only cuz cats can't b taught tricks but dogs can [img]smile.gif[/img] ...dogs r smart enough so they don't have to lick themselves they have human servants who clean them instead.
Dogs are dirty and cat's don't eat their own shit. ANY animal that eats it's own poop is stupid, and it's totally gross! [img]smile.gif[/img]

And dogs drag their ass on the carpet. yuk!

Old 07-20-2003, 11:38 PM   #4
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

i saw a sick video where the homosapien animal did just that
*retches from thinking about it*
anyhow!
dogs are very impressionable when young; cant teach an old dog new tricks tho
cats are about the same, but dont seem to have any interest in learning anything unrelated to their own personal world
so...theyre both equally smart, just a difference in personality
Old 07-20-2003, 11:42 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Dogs drool cats rule. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 11:58 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Our next door neighbour's cat scoots along the ground on her butt often . I think it gets itchy. She's a long haired cat and when her parents don't clip the fur round her nether parts it gets a little full . I've never known a cat to eat its own poo though. Sometimes our dog eats it straight after she's done it! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Cats can too learn tricks! They just choose not to [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Besides, what's a trick anyway? What's harder about learning to roll over than learning how to go in a litter tray? Except that toilet training is a useful skill and rolling over is a party trick
Old 07-21-2003, 01:21 AM   #7
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by cazzie:
imo dogs r smarter only cuz cats can't b taught tricks but dogs can [img]smile.gif[/img]
According to my cat is this exactly why cats are smarter [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2003, 03:22 AM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

I say cats.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:56 AM   #9
Sythe
Ra

I say DOGS!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 05:26 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Our next door neighbour's cat scoots along the ground on her butt often . I think it gets itchy. She's a long haired cat and when her parents don't clip the fur round her nether parts it gets a little full . I've never known a cat to eat its own poo though. Sometimes our dog eats it straight after she's done it! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Talk about recycling! You can save on dogfood! Yuk.

Yeah, Choc although blind, will sit when I say Sit, and when I say 'wanna go outside?" he runs to the door. (I watch him while he's out on the porch)

And although blind, he plays with this small 'Snack drink' straw (Caprisun) and I put it on the bed, the then plays with it, and knocked it off the bed--he then, jumped down, went RIGHT to the spot, picked it up in his mouth, and jumped back up on the bed, dropped it in the center of the bed, and continued playing. I was standing there with my mouth hanging open in wonder.

He also does this when playing with those Gallon Milk plastic 'Rings'--has like 10 of them around the house!! He'll play with one, and when he gets it to a non-roomy area where he doesn't have space, he'll grab it in his mouth, take it to the CENTER of the roomy part of the kitchen, and drops it and continues playing.

It's SO damn cool... He's got higher learning abilities I think--since he is blind, he is constantly 'Mapping' out the house, and can run after me down the halls taking corners, running around chairs, under stuff, and he'll hear me coming down the hall, and he'll hide between the chair and table in the Living room, and when I walk by, he'll spring out with an arm in the air and swat me on my leg!! (That's his favorite)

He loves chasing me all over the house and runs up on the bed and does circles (he knows exactly how much room he has). And When he sleeps on the bed, he is usually always in the exact center of the bed. It's creepy... A few times, I thought he wasn't blind, but he is. He knows the word 'Treat' VERY well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just remember, if you see an animal at the pound, and is blind or something, don't make that an issue! Don't pass them by! They are exactly the same as normal cats with the exception of going outside.

BUT.. He got out 1 time since we had him, he was out for like 2 hours without me knowing, I totally freaked out and panicked, but I went to open the back door, and there he was, sitting on one of the chairs on the back patio!!!! He is a freaking Demi-god! Well... he's amazing. to me anyway!