Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 04:38 PM   #11
skywalker
Banned User

"we won't post because the forum is dead or one member is missing" was never written by anyone here. That implies sourgrapes.

Hey! I never said I wouldn't post there without Dio and I don't think anyone else meant that either!

Cheetah just said it wasn't fun for her. She, as do I, like to have as many people who share The View as possible. Strength in numbers, you know? And having one less is very difficult when you are in the minority! He is also a close cyber friend of ours and several others who post here!

Heck, I've created at least four threads since 9/24 there and have tried to get some conversation going, to get the heart beating again.

Ronn is trying too! He was just trying to get some posters to give it another chance with this thread. The War Forum has gotten a lot of bad press of late and I agree it needs another chance, too!

We are the ones who love a good discourse, though it can get difficult to choose words that will not offend others!

Make no mistake we are happy to have the War Forum and we are thankful to still have it provided for us. But we can't help but think, if it doesn't produce enough traffic it will be gone and that would be a sad thing indeed.

Personally, I will believe it when I see it - when Dio is welcome here again! I won't cry because he is gone, but I find it difficult to think about "How would Dio have responded to that post?"

We may think similarly and speak almost as one at times, but it is the subtle differences in each our voices and views that makes each one of us an important part of the forum!

Crash! Owwww! Ouch! I think I just fell off my soapbox!

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 04:49 PM   #12
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I never said I wouldn't post there
Actually skywalker, you, along with Yorick, have created the most threads in the war forum lately. And they've been very good topics.

I wish I was better at starting threads, but I guess as a 911 person, I'm more of a "responder".

P.S. Thanks for the support Cloudy!

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 06:48 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Actually skywalker, you, along with Yorick, have created the most threads in the war forum lately. And they've been very good topics.

I wish I was better at starting threads, but I guess as a 911 person, I'm more of a "responder".

P.S. Thanks for the support Cloudy!

You have posted a few threads Ronn. And your responses are as good if not better than some thread starting posts! So there!

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
Old 10-29-2001, 06:50 PM   #14
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I think I like this "kinder, gentler" Iron Works

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-29-2001, 07:08 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
"Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here!"

Too funny! That is my history professor's motto!

------------------

The best thing about karma is that you create your own.

Pets Need Love Too

Old 10-29-2001, 07:30 PM   #16
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm posting in there, too.

But I still miss Dio! He seemed to raise the most thought-provoking posts. Which is not to say that others don't also - just that Dio added a certain something none of the rest of us have. There was always a corner we hadn't quite seen round .....

I was within a hairsbreadth of quitting myself when he was banned.

Anyway, Silver feline - if YOU post in there it is BOUND to liven up!

------------------

Here be Dragons!
Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one."

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 01:45 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

These things come and go in cycles. Anything worth talking about had been talked about to death in that forum a week or so ago, and most of the discussions were going circular. There's not really anything new to discuss at the moment. Be patient. It's a message board, not a chat room. From MY perspective, I'm happy that things have cooled down and people are being reasonable.

I'm still not clear on what events took place that led to Dio's banning, but I know that he is not a malicious person or a flamebaiter. Likewise, Ziroc is one of the most fair and reasonable people I have had the privilege to know. Anything is possible.

------------------
Old 10-30-2001, 02:24 AM   #18
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Nah. It's no fun without Dio..........

Why is it no fun without Dio? Is it because your backup is gone? Because he said things to invoke an argument and you could take up behind him, apearing innocent? I'm all for an all out debate on topics. Heck, I've even started an argument or two myself. Just curious of your answer.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-30-2001, 02:27 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Nah. It's no fun without Dio..........

In your opinion. The forum has been fun for a great many people well before Diogenes of Pumpkintown visited.

A truer statement is "it's not the same without Dio.... ". Which it isn't. It's not the same whenever someone leaves or joins. The forum is a collection of individuals that changes over time.

It's also not the same as 'when we were looking at a blue screen on the old board' either.

However the forum certainly has been 'fun' with and without Dio. I regret his departure, but I support Ziroc and believe the forum to be bigger than one poster. If I wanted to have 'fun' writing to one person I would email or MSN. I post here because of the group. A heap of friends I have made that I can talk with at one time at times.

If I didn't know better I'd think this was a protest post Silver Cheetah.

------------------
Old 10-30-2001, 05:20 AM   #20
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Why is it no fun without Dio? Is it because your backup is gone? Because he said things to invoke an argument and you could take up behind him, apearing innocent? I'm all for an all out debate on topics. Heck, I've even started an argument or two myself. Just curious of your answer.

Do give over, Liliara.

Should I wish to, I'm quite capable of provoking (I assume that's what you mean when you say invoking?? ) a debate or discussion (rather than an argument) off my own bat, thanks very much, and have done so many times. I don't need someone else to do it for me.

Not sure what you mean by 'appearing innocent.' How very boring. I am not innocent. I am passionate, mischievious, wicked, loving, agressive, both wise and stupid (like most of us... ) - and always, but always, sincere. The idea of wanting to appear innocent makes me want to throw up. (Excuse me a minute..... ) To be honest, I couldn't give a good stuff!

Dio and I have similar views on a number of topics. We also disagree on a number of things. However, at one point, the war forum seemed packed to the gills with pro-war, pro-christians, who jumped on those with different viewpoints like a ton of bricks. It was good to have Dio at my side, at such times, and he felt the same way about my virtual presence. Having got to know him when he came over to England recently, he is also starting to feel like a good friend. I miss him, okay?

And when I say 'it's no fun without him' - I mean it's no fun for *me* alright? I'm entitled to say just what I like about my own feelings on this subject, - I am not assuming anyone else shares them, - I speak solely for myself.

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club

Don't Dream It, Be It (Easy, - Just Keep Choosing the Same Thing...)

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-30-2001).]