Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
Cornbread
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I was up late last night after finally getting to ascension peak. My party was pretty well rounded, a little light on magic but we plowed through just about everything. Here is my party and what I noticed...

Lizardman fighter:
not alot to say here, pretty much slayed everything in his path. I gave him every mental protection I could though, just to keep him from chopping up my own party members. He started off dual wielding/shield with bloodlust and ended up with excaliber and crazy high Ironskin. Probably the only thing I regret is not working bows more. Not possible with bloodlust, but he got more crits with the strength bow than my ninja did the whole game I think.

Mook bard:
Second highest kill total only to the fighter. Worked up music to about 70, then let it progress normally. Gave her shield and bloodlust after getting excaliber and she ended up slaying people left and right. Probably had the highest skill total of all my characters, with swords, bows, close combat, music, ranged combat all pretty high. One of my favorite characters. The only thing that I didn't like was how little she used her bard instruments towards the last part of the game. It got to a point where she just used the rousing drums and maybe the dulcimer of mending when things got tight (which they rarely did)

Dracon Ninja:
Probably my least developed character. Worked his throwing up with slings early in the game, then started working staves. Never found a good staff so I switched to the chain for extended reach with throws as backup. Got a few crits, but not as many as you would think for 114 critical hit. Mostly the lack of good weapons is what got me, I didnt like using the staff of doom because you can't use backup weapons such as throws. Had a little alchemy, but didn't really work it up that high.

Human gadgeteer:
Another one I probably could have developed more. I probably got more pissed at this character than anyone else. The blind effect from the omni gun caused more trouble than it was worth. Hell, I had to chase a blind Peewee on ascension peak and ended up having to fight him and a group of 5 boiling scorchers when I finally caught up. Not fun. Her gadgets were interesting, but I rarely used them. The fear one makes stuff run all over, I hate that. By the time you get the high damage ones, most of the stuff is resistant to them anyways. The only time she really shined was the fight against the rapax prince. Twice in a row the negatair killed 5 enemies. Made a huge difference. Other than that, I doubt I will ever take a gadgeteer again.

Mook ranger:
Another favorite I could have developed more. Got really high bows, then got a giant sword and had him use that from the middle with the triple crossbow as backup. The KO rate was great, I just wish I had worked his alchemy more. he started getting pretty good at it. besides the low alchemy she still had one of the highest kill rates.

Fairy Bishop:
Not much to say about this, had a ton of spells, but rarely cast any of them except in extremely overmatched fights when I just wanted to get the fight over as soon as possible to continue on. Mostly she just ended up being the field medic and party booster. In that role she was invaluable.

Vi Domina: Nothing real special about her. She bitched alot in the rift, but I dont blame her, that place smelled like rotten eggs and tuna. Worked her polearms up pretty fast then switched to the staff of doom. She got alot of crits with it, despite not being very high in it, around 45 or 50. Dabbled a little in divine magic and could cast a second set/return portal so that helped alot.

The game rocked, I am gonna take a break, then probably pick it up again. Probably one of my favorites ever. Anyways, I just felt like typing all this crap out, take it easy,

Cornbread
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
Jarak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good work.
I agree with your assessment of the Gadgeteer. It's too bad there wasn't an option to toggle various widgets on the Omnigun. The lightning rod helped a lot on the first run to Arnika.

It's a fine game to come back to.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, most people (including yours truly) went back many times to try new groups. Sometimes, it was just learning the game (or, How To Reach Arnika In One Piece ). Sometimes it was trying out weird combos.

That's one of the good points about Wiz 8; you can really experiment with this one.

By the way, congrats on finishing.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote