Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 08:59 AM   #1
Nanu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please help, the demon in the underdark is killing me...any help would be apprecitaed...I am a paladin level eleven...not that it seems to matter....thanks
Old 03-08-2001, 09:44 AM   #2
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Yes, that is a hard one, but the following tactic might just work:

Equip your best fighter so that he has the lowest ac possible, cast haste/improved haste and chaotic commands and other protective spells on him/the party (like protection from evil, defensive harmony, chant, etc), have the rest of the party stand back to later attack with range weapons/spells (magic missiles works fine against creatures with high magic resistance, I think melf's minute meteors count as +5 weapons), summon a couple of monsters as cannon fodder and then "summnon" the balor. I think you need plus three magical weapons or better to hit him, though.

Good luck !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-08-2001, 10:32 AM   #3
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Also, don't forget Protection from Evil.

Traps will work too, if you have a good thief in your party. Just set them where Balor spawns and it should soften him up a bit.
Old 03-08-2001, 01:07 PM   #4
Marillion
The Magister

I summoned 3 of 4 Earth Elemental and had my characters by the side casting dispell magic on them. Worked fine.. Never had to touch him..

------------------
May Helm smile upon thee..
Old 03-08-2001, 01:46 PM   #5
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Monster Summoning to trap him in the corner! And then range weapons. I think he does need +3 to hit him....so if you have Azerudge this works well. Your mages can cast magic missle (a couple will get through) and melf's minute meteors. It took a couple of reloads, but this is how I killed him.

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 01:58 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

After the first try, you should know the approximate location where the demon is going to spawn, like the others have said already, try to corner it and pin it to the corner. Cleric spells like bolt of glory will work nicely against this demon. Consider casting spells like chant, protection from evil, and other cleric protection spells on the summoned critters (e.f. fire elementals, earth elementals, or skeleton warriors) and let them do their work. The rest of your party can fire away from a distance with leisure.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 05:24 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Summon BIG critters before calling him. Haste them and cast Resist Fear on everybody. When he fights them, have your spellcasters lower his Magic Resistance and pummel him with magic. If you have any Berserkers, let them loose!

Old 03-09-2001, 06:49 AM   #8
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Beware of his Symbol, Stun.

Dispel Magic should do the trick.

He's pretty easy when your fighters keep attacking him.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-09-2001, 09:16 AM   #9
dafan

I had my self level 16 assassin with a elven +3 sword
minsc with the sword you get in sewers under Coppers corner what the heck it's called
and Imoen with a staff that looks like a lightsabel from starwars attacking him..it was no match