Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2003, 01:15 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

What level are Ya'll finding yourself at when you begin the interlude?

I played chapter 1 two player over a LAN with a visiting guest and I wonder if I missed xp opportunities having another player with a henchmen in my party.

I have a 6 rouge/1 assassin who is getting her neutral evil ass-kicked with Deekin at her side.

Spoilers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
That Manticore in the stinger caves is just about impossible. His little tail-whip killed me in round one. Any advise?
Old 06-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #2
koconnor100
The Magister

I have a 6 rouge/1 assassin who is getting her neutral evil ass-kicked with Deekin at her side

You basically took a rogue and backed him up with a bard. Two weak charactars.

find a quiet corner to park Deekin and tell him to hold. Litter the room up with traps and drag the manticore in.

The two "equalizers" that a rogue has to make up for their mediocre to poor combat abilities is traps and use magic device to cast spells from scrolls and stuff. I don't know what scrolls you have available.

If you passed on both of those skills you've probably created a charactar that cannot finish the game. The charactar system is very flexible, flexible enough to create "impossible" charactars. You do have to take a certain care.

Deeken is only good for fighter types and combat , since a bard sings to enhance combat abilities. Other than that, he uses a knock spell to open locks and mostly casts the wrong spells in combat, bards really can only be intelligently played by human beings the AI sucks.

For a rogue I suggest taking Dorna and when she hits level 2 talk to her about training and go cleric only. You might do the same thing with Xanos, telling him to go barbarian only, but Xanos has low constitution which is going to be annoying.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:01 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Thanks for the advise, koconnor100. I am still looking for the suggested levels for the interlude and what level other people found their characters at the end of chapter one.

I found a way around the Manticore.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Unfortunately laying traps is not a good option for this fight as once you enter the Manticore room the doors shut and lock behind you. Fortunately the designers left alternate routes around the guy for us non-melee types. Stealth is of no use in this dungeon as the stingers have insanely high spot and listen, even detecting my PC while invisible from a potion.

I chose Deekin for the roleplay and humor value he provides. My extremely vain and power-hungry assassin likes the idea of a Bard recording her rise to ultimate power. Plus Deekin cracks me up!

I have maxxed Set trap and use magic device as well as the groovy new craft trap skill. Many a foe have fallen to the traps I lay, while I sit and watch from the shadows, ready to spring on any survivors.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:30 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I found this very interesting way to handle the manticore posted over at the bioware forums.

SPOILER:

If your Animal Empathy is high enough, it is actually possible to CHARM the Manticore and turn him loose on the stingers!

According to the Bioware designers, this is a bug that is going to be fixed with the 1.31 patch.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote