Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2002, 08:25 PM   #1
Wynne
Dungeon Master

Semi-related to the Rowan mod (which is still going ahead, by the way; just finished an Aerie banter and conversation #19 in the romance), here is a soundset inspired by Syndrana, Rowan's former boss. She is a villainess interested in embracing Bhaal's legacy and power, one who will brook no foolishness, and a person of whom Shar Teel would certainly approve. (Anomen: Fair lady, what br--AAGGHH! *takes fireball to the groin* Poor fellow, she didn't like the way he was looking at her.)

Just to emphasize, this soundset is really not for nice characters at ALL, so if you try it on a paladin, you may be disappointed to hear her saying "Useless twit! I should leave you for your failure!" after Keldorn or Imoen gets killed.

http://3ddownloads.com/?file_id=161276

What does she say? Here's a listing...

a: Battle Cry--Blood my mead and flesh my sustenance!
b: Becoming Leader--Out of my way, I shall take my rightful place!
c: Tired--Stop where you stand! We shall make camp here.
d: Bored--I need some amusement. Perhaps I'll hire a male whore.
e: Badly Wounded--Gaah... heal me NOW.
f: Selected 1--I AM the Lady of Murder.
g: Selected 2--Tremble before me.
h: Selected 3--Despair at my might.
i: Action Acknowledgement 1--Yes... how devious of me...
j: Action Acknowledgement 2--I am a genius!
k: Action Acknowledgement 3--I always have something up my sleeve.
l: Being Hit
m: Dying
n: In Forest--Such a lot of trees. I should like to burn them.
o: In City--So many helpless peasants, so little time to slaughter them.
p: In Dungeon--This excursion had better be lucrative.
q: Daytime--Sunlight fries my hair.
r: Nighttime--Ahhh, yes... the darkness is my succor.
s: Action Acknowledgement 4--My feet move swiftly to the kill.
t: Action Acknowledgement 5--Carnage is my wake.
u: Action Acknowledgement 6--I sow terror.
v: Action Acknowledgement 7--If it stains my hands red, I shall do it.
w: Reaction to Party Member Death--Useless twit! I should leave you for your failure!
x: Rare Select 1--(You'll have to hear it. I'm told it's funny.)
y: Rare Select 2--(See x.)
z: Critical Hit Given--HOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!
1: Critical Miss--Urrnnh... I meant to do that!
2: Target Immune--Time to try a new weapon.
3: Inventory Full--Get it yourself.
4: Successfully Picked A Pocket--Snatched it.
5: Successfully Hid In Shadows--Next time you see me, I'll be wrist-deep in someone's chest.
6: Spell Disrupted--Yoooouuuu broke my concentration! DIE!!!
7: Set A Trap--*sinister laugh* This is going to hurt...
8: Battle Cry 2--Let the rivers of Faerun flow crimson at my hands!
9: Battle Cry 3--All men shall bow at my feet or be crushed beneath them!
0: Selected 6--Whose heart shall I eat today?
_: Action Acknowledgement 8--Murder is the air I breathe.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:59 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Oooo, how yummy! Call me simplistic, but the "Critical Hit" quote really stands out for me. I'll have to write down that link & include it in my Links chapter.

One thing I really don't like about the Sounds (in general): Is there any way to tell the game not to play the "Successfully Hid In Shadows" sound EVERY SINGLE ROUND???
Old 09-21-2002, 09:07 PM   #3
Wynne
Dungeon Master

Hey, thanks! Glad you like it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That drives me nuts, too; I don't know if there's a way to turn it off. :/ One gets so tired of "I am hidden, we may proceed" and "All the world is blind to my passing" and "Now you see me, now you don't". With a PC soundset, if you really get sick of the sound, you can delete it/move it to another folder/change the volume to something really low. My next soundset, I think I'll keep the volume of the hide in shadows sound down, in the hopes that it won't drive people crazy.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:13 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

You can turn off that (or any other sound) quite easily.

Well, maybe not easily. You need some tools. Winbiff to find the sound files, wavc to convert them (This last is hard to get, I have a copy around somewhere though) and windows can play them then.

What you need to do is extract an NPC soundset, convert them all to wavs and play them till you find the line you want to overwrite.

Then you take a copy of the file "error01.wav" from the baldurdash shut up "you must gather your party" pack, and put it in your override directory, renaming it to the name of the file you found.

Its a bit of work, but its not to hard to do. The NPC sound from IWD did not follow the naming convention, so i dont think BG2s will either.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:30 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Or you could just not HAVE a "Hid in Shadows" sound. I used Montaron's BG1 soundset when I used a Multiplayer Monty in my Evil game, and I was oh so happy when he knew it was time to be silent--and shut up about it.

I got his soundset from Sorcerer's Place--they're already packaged in *.wav format, so you can do anything you want with them. Yay!

("Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, WATCH IT! I'm huge!" -- Minsc)
Old 09-22-2002, 05:51 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

True enough, but thats not an option for the built in soundsets.
Old 09-23-2002, 01:07 PM   #7
jcompton
Elminster

It's never bothered me. The idea is that the game has to check for success or failure on every round, and the check and responses are the same whether it's the first or 50th time it's checking. So my vote, Wynne, is to keep that volume up.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:26 AM   #8
Wynne
Dungeon Master

Well, Jason, there's also the fact that, not only is it really annoying to hear it lots of times whether there's a reason for it or not, but it also is rather stupid to hide in the shadows and then yell, "LOOK AT ME! I'M OVER HERE! I FOUND SOME SHADOWS TO HIDE IN SO NO ONE CAN GET ME! HAHAHAHA I'M SO COOL!!!"
It is, in fact, much more intelligent to have a quiet hide in shadows sound anyway.
Old 09-24-2002, 02:09 PM   #9
jcompton
Elminster

You just want to make me look bad in front of company.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:06 PM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by jcompton:
You just want to make me look bad in front of company.
Awww...poor guy *cuddles*
Though it is tempting and I hardly know you...hmmm....(I seem to be your biggest kelsey hawker here, though )

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote