Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 02:21 PM   #41
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

ROTFL!! If they want to be so bloody gallant, let them, eh?

Oh yes, good heavens... verrry hot! I would positively kill for a nice big ice cream cone....

*taps foot on floor impatiently*

Maybe Sir Alex and I should have been a bit more specific: true gentlemen like us reserve that kind of treatment for true ladies only - not for any spoilt brat that crosses our path ...

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 02:21 PM   #42
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
The Oxford English Dictionary, you ninny! I thought you wanted to study English?? It's about 23 volumes, so yes, it really costs about 900 guilders (which is a HUGE bargain, as it's normally at least 3000 or 4000 guilders! )

Ooh yes, the cinemas are lovely! My favourites are Tuchinsky and the Movies... ever been to either of those? Too bad the Tuchinsky is temporarily closed...
BTW, where do you live anyway? Are you near Amsterdam?

My 'oxford mini dictionary' gets the job done perfectly well, thank you very much. And I'd never spend that money on 23 dictionaries, no matter how rich I was

And I also love the Tuschinsky cinema - shame I can never pronounce it properly!

I live in Alkmaar, that's about 45 minutes north of Amsterdam. What part of Amsterdam do you live in?

Old 10-28-2001, 02:25 PM   #43
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Maybe Sir Alex and I should have been a bit more specific: true gentlemen like us reserve that kind of treatment for true ladies only - not for any spoilt brat that crosses our path ...

Couldn't have put it better myself, Ramon

Old 10-28-2001, 02:31 PM   #44
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:

My 'oxford mini dictionary' gets the job done perfectly well, thank you very much. And I'd never spend that money on 23 dictionaries, no matter how rich I was

And I also love the Tuschinsky cinema - shame I can never pronounce it properly!

I live in Alkmaar, that's about 45 minutes north of Amsterdam. What part of Amsterdam do you live in?
Actually, I live in Amstelveen, but on the border of it, one metrostop away from the actual city. I know Alkmaar - I used to go there often when my grandmother was still alive - she lived in Bergen. Hey, you're pretty close to Dreamer/Velkyn then, he lives in Bergen as well...
Ack - I haven't been to Alkmaar in ages! It's a nice enough city though, even if it doesn't have an H&M
Tuschinsky isn't that hard to pronounce, is it? Apparently it's harder to spell (looks at her own posts and winces - I hate it when I make spelling mistakes )

Ramon: No true gentleman would suggest that a lady is not a true lady! So there

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art