Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 02:26 PM   #31
Moni

Excellent! Thank you!
On the subject of rain...we have been getting quite a bit here lately. I have had my fill for a while! They did bring out the rain lillies though and better still, proved my hard work in bordering the sidewalks was not in vain...the yard stayed in the yard! Yippee!!!

Tornados? I grew up in SW Ohio where they were pretty common but the town I lived in was low-lying and surrounded by hills so the funnel clouds would draw back up into the sky as they crossed over...my brother used to stand out in the street and watch them pass over while getting pelted with hail. As much as I would have liked to have seen that myself, I would never subject myself to getting hit by the hail which could be golf ball sized at times, not to mention the trash cans, bicycles and above-ground swimming pools that were always re-located by the storms.

When my mother moved us all out of our father's house, she moved us into a town that was not always as safe from tornados and the first year we were there, when the storms hit, she and I were the only ones home, running around opening windows and getting ready for it.
From another room, I heard her scream bloody murder and raced in to see what had happened. She was standing at the window screaming like I had never heard her scream. Knowing she was facing the direction the storms were coming from, I rushed in looking out the window asking "Where is it? Where is it?!" expecting to see the tornado coming directly at us.
She screamed, "My goddamn fingers are stuck in the window!"
It seems she had open the window with such a force that both her hands went between the panes and were jammed so hard in between them that she could not pull them out or get the window back down without my help.
We saw no tornados then or any other year that we lived there.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-03-2001, 09:48 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Rain is where it's at. Water meets wind striking earth.
Best of all when there are trees blowing in a rainstorm by the sea, and you're behind a window looking out at it. Whoooeeeee

Nope, best feeling is actually sleeping on a nice soft large towel on the beach (gotta go to a beach though that isn't very public, cause they kick you out otherwise), feeling the wind blow, and hearing the lulling continuing sounds of the waves gently cresting. Just make sure if you ever do this, you position yourself a good 30 or 40 feet away from the ocean, near the dunes if there are any, cause of the sand crabs! Eeek!

------------------
Old 09-04-2001, 12:49 PM   #33
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Nope, best feeling is actually sleeping on a nice soft large towel on the beach (gotta go to a beach though that isn't very public, cause they kick you out otherwise), feeling the wind blow, and hearing the lulling continuing sounds of the waves gently cresting. Just make sure if you ever do this, you position yourself a good 30 or 40 feet away from the ocean, near the dunes if there are any, cause of the sand crabs! Eeek!

Hmmm... yes... well that is an appealing alternative. Water striking soft earth, but from a different angle. This picture, but under whisper ash? trees or palms swaying in a light breeze is quite utopian.