Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2000, 12:43 AM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Yes it is easy but I wanna do ALL the quests, it's fun!

I talked to Hendak and he told me to find the back passageway to rescue the rest of the slaves... nothing else... I already rescued all the slaves... I'm thinking about loading before the quest and redoing it. Oh yeah, and I was slightly worried about Hendak so even though Lethinan or whatever was cyan, I had an archer hit him with an arrow which immediately killed him.

Money no longer has meaning to me, I've so far donated approx. 160k gold.

Determining on the level of power my characters have it's almost easier to ram right through the traps than spend the time detecting em. Still that petrify is very annoying.
Old 12-14-2000, 10:40 AM   #2
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

After killing firkraag, the shadow dragon, the necromancer (forgot name) in the planar sphere, and the unseeing eye eye thingy... I came way back to the Copper Coronet looking for more quests. I talked to Leviathan or something and he allowed me to enter the back area of the inn. I eventually made my way to a place with slaves, got the plot of the quest figured out, and eventually slaughtered every slaver and freeing every slave.

What was annoying? The door on the houseboat is one way (locked (someday I'll remember to get that magic permit)). There are traps all over the sewers and house boat. And theres some weird sewer quest I now have to do.

The help I need is: Does rescuing all the slaves THEN seeing Hendak kill Leviathan screw up the quest? If not, what exactly do I need to do to finish this quest? Lastly, any help to get me started on that sewer riddle quest would be helpful.
Old 12-14-2000, 11:10 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

If you've already killed two dragons then this quest might be a bit easy for you as the game probably presupposes you will finish it early on.
No, Hendak killing the slaver guy (I forgot his name but it's definitely not Leviathan....wait I got it Lehtinan) won't screw up the quest as that's what supposed to happen. Just watch Hendak kill the guy, then talk to Hendak and he'll thank you for your help. Don't forget to loot the corpse for some gems. The sewer quest is separate from this, if you want the talking 2h sword I suggest you do it. Oh, and about traps: just detect traps all the time when you're not in a battle. (or let a druid/cleric/high level ranger cast find traps)
Old 12-14-2000, 07:38 PM   #4
Saithana

In the Slums area there's a building that is a boat. Inside there are some slaves (children) to free. And, as you say, lots and lots and lots of traps.

I did this before freeing Hendak so when he said "go and free the slaves" I had a converation item "I have already freed the children".

So, no, the order doesn't matter. Just make sure you talk to hendak after freeing the children to get the xp award and the cheap prices for gear from the fat man.

Old 12-15-2000, 03:06 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there, hopefully i can add something good to this

When you intialize this quest you will encounter something stressfull in BG2 multipel quests in one so to speak, the Sewer riddle is rather easy if you have the time to rea all the text that is flashing from all the guys involved (only the hermit with the carrion crawler) You need a hand, found in a daywaterwell where the Oytug is, a ring of lovers two skeletons hanging at a wall after the first hobgoblins, then a staff found on the kobold shaman in the room with the petrfication trap, and lastly blood of a tru friend, kill the carrion crawler and take the bottle, make sure to have asked the hermit about the other stuff first..
Then go into the pipe room and chek out the text to appear at each pipe, the order I don´t know but it starts with the hand, the staff the ring and the vlod or something, just read carefully about the hints or trail and error..
Then take the sword and head up the sewers into the bulk of the boot and root out the rest of the slavers..