Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2002, 08:34 AM   #111
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good morning Epona, ah who am I kidding... it's a shite morning... the least they could do for a bank holiday is give us some sun and a blue sky to go with it, but no, it's back to old grey.
Oh well, how are you all??

[ 05-06-2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 05-06-2002, 08:37 AM   #112
Sorcerer Alex

Wonderful thank you Talthyr my friend, I have the whole week off and no idea on how to spend it [img]smile.gif[/img]

What bank holiday is it today, might I ask?

Old 05-06-2002, 08:46 AM   #113
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Uss, this is a perfect example of trying to carry on a discusssion in the middle of all the spam. I did respond, twice, but I know that it is hard disentangling all of that. I am just about to enter Curst Gone, having dispatched the Box Fiend, and that was one of the better battles, so far. We just mowed 'em down in Baator and the Outlands. BTW, I didn't take Vhaillor, because he attacked Fall-from-Grace while she was defending Annah, so, I just killed his sorry tail. Trying to hurt my girls, huh!
Old 05-06-2002, 08:47 AM   #114
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Good morning Epona, ah who am I kidding... it's a shite morning... the least they could do for a bank holiday is give us some sun and a blue sky to go with it, but no, it's back to old grey.
Well the sun has come out from behind the clouds here now, but to tell the truth I'm a wee bit hungover (LOL, chucked out of the pub at closing time again. Also I swear the barman was flirting with me all evening, what's a gal to do? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) so I think the cycling may have to wait for another day anyway.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:48 AM   #115
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Galadria: Im very sorry... Im quite sure I am one of the worse offenders in this..... I AM trying to work on it [img]smile.gif[/img] ....

Glorfy, no worries, just you guys tone it down, huh? It's not just you, by any means.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:22 AM   #116
Reeka

I have to agree somewhat with Galadria. One problem with spam at IW and why it is not allowed is that IW is HUGE. Spam would just eat up Z's resources. We have over 7,000 members. You can send IM's, you can use chat programs, and there are other places that allow a certain amount of spam.

Z isn't being an ogre----he just doesn't have the resouces available.

Saying all of that, good morning to everyone and have a good day.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-06-2002, 09:28 AM   #117
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Wonderful thank you Talthyr my friend, I have the whole week off and no idea on how to spend it [img]smile.gif[/img]

What bank holiday is it today, might I ask?
It's mayday, and now, some interesting facts for you about mayday!!!

Mayday is the Russian new year IIRC, and don't get it confused with what pilots say when they are in trouble.
For you see, pilots say that because back in WWII the English radio people used to hear the French calling 'Mayday' when in danger, but they were actually saying m'aider, which is French for help me.
wow... what a veritable gold mine of information. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2002, 09:30 AM   #118
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Well the sun has come out from behind the clouds here now, but to tell the truth I'm a wee bit hungover (LOL, chucked out of the pub at closing time again. Also I swear the barman was flirting with me all evening, what's a gal to do? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) so I think the cycling may have to wait for another day anyway.[/QUOTE]Tsk tsk, chuucked out again it must be because your so innocent, and the barman chucked you out to spare you from hurting your wee innocent eyes.
And who needs cycling??
Old 05-06-2002, 09:49 AM   #119
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:

Saying all of that, good morning to everyone and have a good day.
Good Morning, Big Sis. Glad to see you back again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2002, 10:51 AM   #120
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Uss, this is a perfect example of trying to carry on a discusssion in the middle of all the spam. I did respond, twice, but I know that it is hard disentangling all of that. I am just about to enter Curst Gone, having dispatched the Box Fiend, and that was one of the better battles, so far. We just mowed 'em down in Baator and the Outlands. BTW, I didn't take Vhaillor, because he attacked Fall-from-Grace while she was defending Annah, so, I just killed his sorry tail. Trying to hurt my girls, huh!
aww, but Vhailor is soo big and shiny with his "*I AM VHAILOR*" stuff. you know, you can (SPOILER!) convince him that he truly is dead and he just dies. you get some exp but not enough.
hmm, the Box Fiend battle was cool and very rewarding that was one heck of a good ring(or was it a bracelet?)!
its a bit disturbing that people make so many posts in Cloudy`s Cafe that its difficult to follow a discussion.
btw, do you like this game more than before you entered Ravel`s Maze? [img]smile.gif[/img]