Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2000, 12:40 AM   #1
edward2025

In my game he was labled just as a frost giant. He was by the throne, but when I killed him I didn't know it was him. I found his badge on the ground after I figured that I must have killed him 'cause everything but my party (and slaves) was dead.
Old 12-28-2000, 09:54 AM   #2
kocsog

Hello all,

Please help me in finding that Joril, cause I gave it up by now...
His servants told me he is at his throne but I could find no throne neither him.
I helped the slaves escape, went through the previously locked door to find myself at Lower Dorn's Deep... I went back, cut all his minions, who now attacked me (salamanders and others) but again I could not find the mage or his throne...
Is it in the Aquarium, or somewhere else in that area? (If in the aquarium, I must have missed a door or sg...) There's a collapsed bridge I could not go throgh, if he's on the other side, please tell me how I can go there.
Thanx for the help...

[ 07-31-2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]
Old 12-28-2000, 04:19 PM   #3
Tathlum

Well for starters how about we use a little common sence and lay off the profainity. Lets show a little respect shall we. I think you could have gotten the point accross without the use of such a word, if not then it shows your ignorance. This is a site visited by a diverse group of people some of which may not want to see these things. I know my kids read this board, and go to the Ironworks site, which is a respectable site. Your use of language is uncalled for and downright rude. I dont know the types you frequent, but lets keep this one clean. It brings down the quality of this fine site(hint to admin) I know exactly where and what you need to do to find the frost giant king. Had I not seen, right at the top of the page, a word I'd like to keep out of my 9 year olds vocabulary for a bit longer I'd tell you.
As the old saying goes: "you can catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar"

So, with that I'll respond no farther, we get enough flame wars on boards as it is. Good luck to you, and remember its just a game, its supposed to be fun.
Old 12-28-2000, 04:44 PM   #4
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You're looking in the wrong place! Joril is across the broken bridge in the SW corner on Wyrm's Tooth. Get the book where the slaves were hiding to fix the bridge. And be tactful: Don't start hacking away at the Frost Giants when you see them! Talk to them, and you'll reach Joril. Do with him as you wish, you don't need to kill him to get his badge, but he does have a few nice items on him

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2000, 05:08 PM   #5
Khanar Tor'vel

But it's so fun to kill all those nasty giants.
Old 12-29-2000, 12:52 AM   #6
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know, I always kill them too But I always wait until I talk to Joril, and talk him out of his badge for the extra experience before pissing him off

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 05:09 AM   #7
Christo the Monster

Extra experience? I just tell the Frost Giants that if they step on me they'll get hurt, and then chop them all up in record time...You don't even want to know how I took my last badge... "What? Uncooperative blue orb threatening me? SMASH" Oh he was a priest? The idol was controlling him? oops...
Old 12-29-2000, 06:18 AM   #8
kocsog

Thanks for the help, and sorry for my 'bad' language.
I just didn't thought it would make trouble with children reading it.
I APOLOGIZE here and simply ask you to let this topic disappear with not replying to it.
That's simpliest and best solution.
Again, thank for those who helped a bit.
To admin: If this is a problem you could make a link at the sign-in page with the title 'etiquette' or something like that... That's just an advise.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:26 AM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I've found Joril, talked to him, called him a jackass(among other things), fought him and my game froze up when i did him off. Help anyone?
Old 07-31-2003, 09:48 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
I've found Joril, talked to him, called him a jackass(among other things), fought him and my game froze up when i did him off. Help anyone?
G'dau mate, welcome to the forum. Maybe it would have been better to start up a new topic rather than raise an old one from three years ago (with a swear word in it) in hopes of attracting attention. This was unwise and untactful, to say the least.

Likely your game has a bug. Either replay the sequence from a previous save or patch your game.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote