Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, I'd agree with Stratos alot, except where you are trying to get away from warrior classes. The war/strength domains will enable you to be a bit better in combat than you normally would be, along with some improved saving throws, IIRC.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
Marathon
Elminster

Check out Cleric domains here:

http://www.nwnwiki.org/Category:Cleric_domains

I don't really play my clerics as fighters, so i usually go for Healing / Sun, or maybe throw in Magic Domain for a few mage only spells.

Keep in mind that for war and strength, your CHA modifier determines the duration of your special abilites, so you may want to bump that up a little bit.

[ 02-27-2006, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Marathon ]
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #13
chimaera
Dungeon Master

The Trickery Domain offers one of the best protective spells in NWN: Improved Invisibility, which grants 50% concealment in combat.
Very useful for both spellcasters and melee.
chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #14
Target
Red Dragon

Thanks people!!
I guess the debate of what domains to take could go on for quite some time.
Marathon, thanks for putting a link for the nwnwiki site, found that to be helpful.
Still not sure what domains to take, will have to put some though into it.
Any more advice on all things Cleric?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just kind of an afterthought really. Armor types that you can use are about unlimited as far as light, medium or heavy, anyway. I'd let how you intend to use the cleric for melee determine that, and therefore stat point allocation. ie: If you aren't going to be rushing out to jump into melee combat, use lighter armor, and put more points in wis/cha. You can leave your strength around 12 then, and set both to around 14 at creation, or higher. You will want to set const around 12, at least, and you may want int and dex to be up around 13, in case you want to take some of the more defensive combat feats, Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack. Max out concentration, and invest in combat casting as well, to cut down on spell interruption, and AoO's while casting in tight quarters.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #16
Target
Red Dragon

Thanks for that. What are AoO's?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #17
chimaera
Dungeon Master

Attacks of Opportunity - in melee the opponent gets an AoE if you are: casting (prevented by Improved Combat Casting), moving around while not engaged in combat (prevented by 15 points in Tumble or Spring Attack), drinking a potion or firing a ranged weapon.
chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #18
Stratos
Vampire

You also attract AoO's if you drop out of combat mode while in combat, and that happens occasionally due to sucky combat animations.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:41 AM   #19
Target
Red Dragon

Cheers people. How many cleric levels is it good to get before taking another class to get the 4 attacks per round?
I have been toying with the idea of Blackguard, as I've not played an evil person before or Monk as they get some nice 'free' feats.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:52 AM   #20
Stratos
Vampire

Anytime before lv. 20 will do. If you take Fighter levels you might want to time those levels to get at least one Weapon Specialization feat.

Blackguard is a solid choice for an evil Cleric.

If you go for Cleric/Monk, remember that the Monks high number of attacks per round only aplies when you're fighting unarmed or with a kama, and you loose all matter of Monk abilities if you wear any armour.