Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
myungbass
Manshoon

hey folks. i havent been on in almost a year and in 2 months im off to the Air Force. I was wondering tho, before i leave could anyone and everyone tell me a good way to build a computer? when i get to tech school i want to have a sweet-@$$ computer and i wanna build it, so any pointers, websites, ideas, brands etc. would be greatly appreciated and helpful. I may not be back for a while after i leave so i DO wanna say that this is the best forum ever and i missed it while i was gone and ill miss it when i leave. Rock on folks!
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 01-28-2004, 12:57 PM   #2
myungbass
Manshoon

P.S. If anyone has been in the Air Force or any branch of service with the job "signal intelligence" please please please tell me what to expect. Im still a little in the dark. but if its not acceptable on this thread, ill start another one just for responses to the Airforce part.
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 01-28-2004, 12:57 PM   #3
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Go to Epinions. They have lots of stuff on reviews, from complete PC to various parts.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
myungbass
Manshoon

that was possibly the quickest response ive ever gotten:-p...thanks man. any other pointers are welcome as well!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:48 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
::considers making a tongue-in-cheek remark about soap, but bites tongue and instead smiles brightly:: Good luck and be safe!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

My cousin builds computers in his spare time, I'll ask him about good parts and such.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 PM   #7
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Actually, before you start to build your dream PC, you need to decide a few things first:

1. What role is the new PC going to be? Power gaming platform? Work? (Excel, Words, internet etc.)

2. Your budget?

3. Intel or AMD CPU?
Old 01-29-2004, 02:42 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Actually, before you start to build your dream PC, you need to decide a few things first:

1. What role is the new PC going to be? Power gaming platform? Work? (Excel, Words, internet etc.)

2. Your budget?

3. Intel or AMD CPU?
good one paladin

also you can check the reviews at toms hardware website. (just search for it in yahoo or google)

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-28-2004, 01:51 PM   #9
myungbass
Manshoon

Hey sorry im bringing up old posts but i couldnt log on from my friends computer and i have to use my moms:-{ BUT to answer previous questions even tho nobody prolly wants to listen to anymore, I want to build a gaming computer, under 2K$ and i dont care about the cpu, but ill take suggestions about which is better.:-p SOrry for bringing up old posts again. thanks!
Old 02-28-2004, 02:24 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If I were you I would wait until after Boot Camp.
then Buy yourself PC Magazine and if you have A Books-A-Million book store near you or any good book store, go to the electronics and Computer section and find one of the new books called How to build the ultimate computer. You can find one about Gaming computers or school or business or what every you want to build. It worked for me and now I have me a kick ass computer that cost me around $1K and they sell almost the same one for over $2K at compact and Dell.