Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2002, 12:19 AM   #1
Annheiser
Manshoon

I'm currently building my personal Wizardry 8 site for my second go-around with the game. It includes a fairly complete and detailed list of weapons (sorted by damage, primary and secondary hand usage), armor, spells and so on, including their locations. I intend to pin-point them down to the respective chest if it applies to the item.

I'm also going to write up the complete FAQ for the game. Not too many out there.

Bold ambition. If you want to look at the early stages, hop on by.

http://jbullions.topcities.com/wiz8archive.html

Don't wander too far as most of the pages are under construction. The Swords and Axes are completely finished. If you have any updates, please send them to me. Enjoy.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:22 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

If it will always have that many pop up ads, count me out [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2002, 09:19 AM   #3
Nordoki
Dungeon Master

Get rid of the links that take you nowhere. And those mulitple pop-ups are real annoying.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:11 PM   #4
the_Avatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

AHHHHHH!!!! pop up hell [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2002, 05:04 PM   #5
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

A very promising site Annheiser.........but it is totally wrecked by the pops!!!! [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

Knip
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 07:53 PM   #6
laserlight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm starting my second game and have been collecting data from other sites so I can fill in the gaps in there stats. I'm also wanting to keep a record of the monsters, there location, there stats and what they might yeild. I also want to add to the walk throughs by giving more detailed description, and reference to spoiler info on another page.

I want to improve on the maps and include screen shots but have no clue how the capture the maps or the screen. (I haven't tried using the saved game image file but I'll look into it)

I don't have a web site and I intended to use this info for my own records for future game play.

I'd be happy to send you data as I start developing it. I haven't decided to start by using my finished game or just begin again.

Good luck on the site and I'll be in touch.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:57 AM   #7
Annheiser
Manshoon

How many pop-ups are you getting? The maximum number should be one (every free webhost will have pop-ups), and they're dispersed loosely over the pages. If you hit a dead link, then it will bombard you with a p0rn-like proportions of ads. I did say not to wander off the Swords and Axes sections. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 04:15 AM   #8
ice3
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Annheiser:
How many pop-ups are you getting? The maximum number should be one (every free webhost will have pop-ups), and they're dispersed loosely over the pages. If you hit a dead link, then it will bombard you with a p0rn-like proportions of ads. I did say not to wander off the Swords and Axes sections. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hack the popup code. Most hosters use a prety easy code to hack. Get ride of all ad even on free servers.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:38 AM   #9
Annheiser
Manshoon

quote:
Hack the popup code. Most hosters use a prety easy code to hack. Get ride of all ad even on free servers.

Then it breaches agreement and if some a-hole decide to report me, my site is finished. I can't lose this host since they have pretty decent bandwith and dependable speeds, unless jaha or 9cy decide to fix their signups.

And Laserlight that would be great if you want to submit info.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Annheiser ]

Old 03-11-2002, 08:50 AM   #10
Nordoki
Dungeon Master

quote:
Then it breaches agreement and if some a-hole decide to report me, my site is finished.

Thanks to Ice3 I've gotten rid of the pop-ups on my Angelfire site and have been rid of them for over 2 years now. Unless you submit your site for "Site of the Month" there is very little danger. I have a huge site there and would hate to lose it too.

Cool Jerk's RPG Center