Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 01:19 AM   #1
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I don't think he did it. He always seemed like a really good guy when it came to everything. Could he have, yes. I think the girl made a mistake going over to his hotel at 11pm, whether she's telling the truth or not. And this is pretty much what he gets for cheating on his wife. He probably realizes now that he made the biggest mistake of his life and it could cost him everything. If it was consenual and he just cheated on his wife then I feel he just made a mistake and should be forgiven. He is pretty much a kid right now in a totally different world as we are, and I know I did plenty of stupid things when I was younger that I would take back.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:25 AM   #2
Jan

He didn't do it. She went on her own and now she just wants to make a big a lot of money (this happens over and over again).

Old 07-21-2003, 06:34 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I know there's a lot of girls outthere that are lining up in the hotel lobby's just for a chance to have sex with these guys, and some of them are also trying to make money out of it. Athletes are easy targets i suppose. Just look at Boris Becker, a woman got pregnant after giving him oral satisfaction. Yeah right.

I don't exactly know what Kobe did, but they shouldn't come down too hard on him. Cheating on your wife isn't right, but it sure as hell is not a crime. If it was, then more than half the worldpopulation would be criminals.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I think it serves him right. Anyone in his position who doesn't carry around a Waiver and make people sign it before having sex is being stupid. Gold-diggers exist, in fact abound, and these guys are rich enough to consult their attorneys and cover their asses. When you have a lot, you are simply a target.

But what pisses me off more than anything are prosecutorial offices that pursue cases just so the prosecutors can get their 15 minutes of fame. It is ALL political. Everything. It's SICK.

[ 07-21-2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 07-21-2003, 12:06 PM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I know there's a lot of girls outthere that are lining up in the hotel lobby's just for a chance to have sex with these guys, and some of them are also trying to make money out of it. Athletes are easy targets i suppose. Just look at Boris Becker, a woman got pregnant after giving him oral satisfaction. Yeah right.

I don't exactly know what Kobe did, but they shouldn't come down too hard on him. Cheating on your wife isn't right, but it sure as hell is not a crime. If it was, then more than half the worldpopulation would be criminals.
The girl is claiming that Kobe forced her to have sex through physical intimidation and/or submission which is a Class 3 Felony. That means that Kobe is looking at 4yrs-LIFE in prison if convicted. And if he IS convicted, but doesn't get the minimum of 4 yrs, there will be heck to pay because everyone will claim it is only because of his celebrity status.

As for my opinion of the whole "affair", I saw Kobe's press conference on ESPN and he appeared very genuine and honost. He freely admits he had sex with girl, and he also admits it was a stupid mistake for him to make. Kobe was quite emotional during the conference and his words appeared to be completely UN-rehearsed.

I agree with Timber, I think this is just the case of a golddigger out to get some fame and money.

Sorry, ladies, I'm not just "writing the victim off". I saw an interview with some of her friends also. Naturally, they all supported her, but the comments of one of them was interesting.

She said her friend "Went there to deliver....." then she stopped suddenly, and changed the subject of her comment. So whatever the girl was delivering, her friend decided not to disclose it. Of course, other friends said the girl was completely honost and very popular, so she wouldn't have any reason to lie about the situation.

I suppose we will learn more when the trial starts.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:17 PM   #6
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
prosecutorial offices that pursue cases just so the prosecutors can get their 15 minutes of fame. It is ALL political. Everything. It's SICK.
I think you've got a winner there... some chick wants some attention/cash, some prosecutor want's a quick hand up the ladder, and some basketball player is too dumb to avoid the obvious trap. I'm personally giving Kobe the benefit of the doubt... because every other player in this stupid melodrama has agendas that capitalize on his celebrity. It comes down to he said/she said and even ignoring the fact that she has LOTS of motive to lie, a man should never be convicted of sexual assault on the say so of a woman with no witnesses or physical evidence.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:12 PM   #7
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
quote:
prosecutorial offices that pursue cases just so the prosecutors can get their 15 minutes of fame. It is ALL political. Everything. It's SICK.
I think you've got a winner there... some chick wants some attention/cash, some prosecutor want's a quick hand up the ladder, and some basketball player is too dumb to avoid the obvious trap. I'm personally giving Kobe the benefit of the doubt... because every other player in this stupid melodrama has agendas that capitalize on his celebrity. It comes down to he said/she said and even ignoring the fact that she has LOTS of motive to lie, a man should never be convicted of sexual assault on the say so of a woman with no witnesses or physical evidence. [/QUOTE]What I'm about to say has nothing to do with anything in your post except for that last sentence:
If that's your opinion, then I sincerly hope that you never have to learn the error of that statement. There isn't always physical evidence of a rape, especially if the man uses a condom and if he drugs the victim so she can't fight back. I pray that you never have to live through the horror of having someone you care about go through this. Rape is a horrible, violent crime, and unfortunatly, sometimes the only proof is the woman's word.

Again, I reiterate, that this comment is NOT about the Kobe Brynt case and also, I'm NOT attacking Thoran, got nothing against you. I just know all too well the danger in that last statement you made and wanted to educate you in it.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:27 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I believe this happened to Magic johnson and dennis Rodman too. Rodman once had to pay a few million dollars because he grabbed a woman in a bar. I undertand that he's not supposed to do that, but she was already flirting him up all night. She was just waiting until it happened, so she could sue him. What kind of messed law is that ?

I don't believe Kobe did it either, but he'd better get a couple of very good lawyers.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:35 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

But, Harley, no crime can in truth be won on a "beyond all reasonable doubt" standard if all you have is woman's testimony vs. man's.

Now, except in the instance of drugging, you will note there is almost always evidence of a forceful sexual intrusion. Bruising is common, even happens during "normal" sex. Moreover, vaginal bruising is the usual tell-tale.

In the event of drugging, I must say that some women who have gotten raped in this way were not exactly avoiding risky activity when they got themselves in a position where they could be fed roofies. I'm not saying it excuses anything, but I am saying women should be smarter about prowling the underbellies of the inner city. You keep rolling the dice and going out alone late at night to bars and clubs and you will eventually become a victim -- the law of averages catches everyone in the end. Take a friend -- one who will help you avoid passing out from being roofied.

Let me give you some insight on how the law weights the playing field against men to give women all the benefits of the doubt they can possibly given in rape cases:
1. Verbal allegation, unsupported by evidence, is enought to get charges filed.
Moreover, lack of ability to consent is considered rape in most states and on almost all college campuses -- i.e. if she is s**tfaced, you are automatically having intercourse against her will. WTF? W-T-F!!!
2. Limits to access of psych evaluations on the victim -- even though normally they would be allowed in other cases (even murder).
3. Testimony about the man's previous behavior is almost always a hearsay exception.
4. However, testimony about the woman's history of sluttiness is specifically NOT allowed and is considered irrelevant -- AS IF!

Sorry to rant about this. I know women who have fraudulently alleged rape before. It gets me very angry. Waking up and regretting what you did is NOT the same as being raped. Take your morning "walk of shame" in your little black party dress, suck it up, and be an adult when all those knowing stares hit you from the folks on their way to church at 9a.m. on Sunday -- don't start acting the victim.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:02 PM   #10
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
But, Harley, no crime can in truth be won on a "beyond all reasonable doubt" standard if all you have is woman's testimony vs. man's.

Now, except in the instance of drugging, you will note there is almost always evidence of a forceful sexual intrusion. Bruising is common, even happens during "normal" sex. Moreover, vaginal bruising is the usual tell-tale.

In the event of drugging, I must say that some women who have gotten raped in this way were not exactly avoiding risky activity when they got themselves in a position where they could be fed roofies. I'm not saying it excuses anything, but I am saying women should be smarter about prowling the underbellies of the inner city. You keep rolling the dice and going out alone late at night to bars and clubs and you will eventually become a victim -- the law of averages catches everyone in the end. Take a friend -- one who will help you avoid passing out from being roofied.

Let me give you some insight on how the law weights the playing field against men to give women all the benefits of the doubt they can possibly given in rape cases:
1. Verbal allegation, unsupported by evidence, is enought to get charges filed.
Moreover, lack of ability to consent is considered rape in most states and on almost all college campuses -- i.e. if she is s**tfaced, you are automatically having intercourse against her will. WTF? W-T-F!!!
2. Limits to access of psych evaluations on the victim -- even though normally they would be allowed in other cases (even murder).
3. Testimony about the man's previous behavior is almost always a hearsay exception.
4. However, testimony about the woman's history of sluttiness is specifically NOT allowed and is considered irrelevant -- AS IF!

Sorry to rant about this. I know women who have fraudulently alleged rape before. It gets me very angry. Waking up and regretting what you did is NOT the same as being raped. Take your morning "walk of shame" in your little black party dress, suck it up, and be an adult when all those knowing stares hit you from the folks on their way to church at 9a.m. on Sunday -- don't start acting the victim.
TL, yup, there are plenty of woman out there who for one reason or another cry rape when it clearly isn't. In your "WTF" comment, I would add I feel the same way when it comes to a 17 yr old sleeping with her 19 yr old boyfriend. Probably wouldn't want it to be my daughter, but I don't think that's rape.

But, for every one of those who cry rape when it's not, there are others who were actually raped, but don't speak up because they're afraid that no one would believe them. Even with proof, it's hard to get a conviction, and even then, more times then not, the victim is blamed anyway by those in society. We rarely hear the same accustations pointed to victims of murder and other violent crimes.

You know, I'd be a lot less pushy if I could just get back to Bi-Ti island!!! That spa you put in is REALLY relaxing!!!

[ 07-21-2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]