Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #211
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros took a few steps before he noticed the pain lancing through his side. He pressed a hand to it and then looked down in shock at the blood.

"What in the hells..."

He stepped quickly to the side, his sword on guard, but stopped moving when he realized there were no projectiles on the ground.

"So I'm not being shot at."

He then looked at the person nearest to him, and his eyes grew wide at the sight of blood on Kasimno's sword. The young man didn't even seem to be looking in his direction, yet he had attacked Pandaros without warning or provocation. Pandaros needed only a moment to decide on his next course of action. He took off at a run towards the inn, pausing to shout "Ambush!" to Sever as he reached the spot where he had planted two arrows. His sword was sheathed and arrow drawn in a smooth, practiced motion. He took a bead on Kasimno but did not fire, instead waiting to see just how many more assassins were planted around him.

"Mage, two guards, another stranger with them, and Kasimno," he counted off the people left in the square, ready to fire on whoever approached, drew a weapon, or prepared to cast a spell.

"Why am I trusting Sever?" he muttered to himself. Suddenly wary of everyone in this town, Pandaros began a careful retreat away from the square, arrow ready, hoping trouble would not follow him as he headed towards the city gates, where he would direct the remaining guards to the disaster in the square.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #212
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Blink...Blink

The Innkeeper could not make out what was even going on out here. There was this guy standing there telling him not to worry and to retreat inside...there was another man who had been cut by Kasimno, who was now armed with his bow and gazing about the place, expecting trouble from all around. Why had Kasimno attacked that man? Oley was up to his usual carelessness, entertaining some people not far from the tavern, of course. Most of the towns-folk had vacated the area. No wonder there...

Speaking harshly to Sever, he said, "Young man...I don't think I understand what you and your strange friends are doing out here, but it looks like one of your buddies there is in need of medical attention and I suggest you get him to the doctor before he faints for loss of blood. He's already acting dilusional."

Yelling out to Kasimno, he said, "Kasimno! Put that damned blade away before you hurt somebody else with it! When The Lockes hear about what you did, they'll lock you up, boy! You hear me? That's what ye get for hanging around that crazy smith all damned day instead of getting a real job!"

He turned back to Sever. "Foolish boy idolizes that old smith as though he were some hero or something. Wastes his whole day hanging around him. Now look what its led to! The boy's done gone and hurt somebody! I knew it would happen! I said it long ago, and here's the proof. Off with you now! Go tend to your friend so he don't get an infection in that cut."

The Innkeeper turned and stormed off back inside the Inn, slamming the door behind him.

OOC>>>Consequences in RP, depending on the paths we choose will sometimes not be what he hoped for.
The question is...have you lost your element of surprise? Have you lost the target? Will the bad guys escape, if they were ever there at all? After seeing Oley's misshap, how sure are you of his ability to discern the location of the bad guys?

[ 03-06-2006, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #213
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley, the man what makes the magic happen

"Is everything all right, Oley? What happened?"
Oley Looked at Vindson, rolled his eyes and pantomimed an explosion. Then he opened his mouth, a bubble came out, and he waited for it to pop, "I," then he repeated the process slowly for each word so that it would come out correctly, "Had..." *pop*"A..." *pop*"Brief..." *pop*"Lapse..." *pop*"In..." "Concentration."

"*pop*I'll... *pop*Be... *pop*Better... *pop*Tomorrow."
Old 03-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #214
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Karl and Sam, the guards

By now, the events unfolding down at the Inn were too pressing to delay.

"Sam...I need to take care of that rucuss down at the Inn, you stay here with our elven friend and press Oley to get sober enough to examine him for possible links to our troubles."

With that, Karl ran straight for Pandaros, the only current danger to anyone at the moment with his weapon ready to fire and a fear in his eyes of danger all around.

Karl to Pandaros: "Sir! Disarm immediately! Let's talk this out. Tell me, how did you come to be injured?"

Karl would have loved to have Sam backing him up with his crossbow but Sam needed to deal with the elven mage who was a suspect in all this magical craze going on.

Speaking of Sam, he stood there, crossbow out, pointing towards the ground, but at the ready. He kept his eye on Milanthir but was trying to listen to his buddy Karl difuse the situation at the Inn.

"Sober up there, Oley! We need to know what to do with this elf. If he's not guilty, you are the only one that can free him."

[ 03-10-2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #215
Kazilan
Elminster

Pandaros

Pandaros watched the guard approach, his arrow switching to cover the man in case he got within more than a few feet. If the guard moved any closer, he would fire.

"How did I come to be injured?" Pandaros' eyes flicked to Kasimno a moment before looking back at Karl.

"Your townsman over there attacked me. And if you think for one second I'll listen to you or anyone else from this chaos-loving community, you're wrong. Just back away, and I'll do the same."

Pandaros took a few steps away from the guard, in the direction of the town gates.

"I was cleared of all wrongdoing during the round up earlier. If you're looking for troublemakers, it would seem you have more than enough already."

Pandaros lowered his bow an inch, but kept the bowstring taut.

"I don't want to shoot you, or anyone else, but noone is to come near me. If you really want to help the situation, leave me alone and assist the town hero. He went into the inn on your mage's instruction. That is, if the mage didn't botch his divination spell too."

Old 03-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #216
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Karl, speaking to Pandaros

The guard lowered his own weapon, and put out a reasurring hand (but still being several feet away, of course).

"Listen, you're hurt and you need to go to the medical wing. I understand how you feel that you don't know who to trust, but just think for a minute. Kasimno's fault is no fault of mine. I'll deal with him. We'll arrest him just as soon as I am sure you have received the medical attention you need.

What do you say?"

OOC>>>Interesting twists we're taking here, huh?
This is what I get for running an open-ended game instead of a linear one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-11-2006, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #217
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley

Oley gestured wildly for a moment, then spoke a word, holding his arms perfectly still in the position they had been in when he spoke the word. When the bubble popped there was no sound at all, merely a brief flicker of shadow, and then light across the town (indoors and out). He then stretched, and several loud pops and cracks were heard, "I'm getting too old for this," he said. "Very well this should only take a moment to fix," He then spoke a few brief words, scooped some dust into one palm, and blew it in Milanthir's direction. The dust swirled and twirled around the elf for a moment, then blew past without touching Milanthir.

"Well then, that settles it, this is not the mage you are looking for, I'd check out those lads though, they seem to want to help, and are a bit... overanxious, perhaps the experienced hand of a guardsman aiding their search would be safer for all concerned."

[ 03-11-2006, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 03-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #218
Kazilan
Elminster

Pandaros

"Very well." Pandaros eased his bowstring.

"I will go to the medical facility on my own. I suggest you check out the inn. As I said, the hero is in there looking for the people who destroyed the warehouse. I can make it to the healer on my own."

Pandaros kept an arrow nocked as he walked a wide path towards the medical facility, careful to keep distance from Kasimno and the group with Oley. He replaced the arrow in his quiver as he neared the building, then jumped as shadow flickered everywhere.

"This place is cursed," he muttered to himself.

Old 03-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #219
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sam the Guard

Sam looked surprisingly at the elf, but spoke to Oley as he asked in a rhetorical sense,

"Are you sure?",

and then to Milanthir he said,

"Well...I guess I'll take Oley on his word for now, but your actions will speak of your intentions sooner or later, magic or not. Right now, it appears that we have another matter to deal with...if you'll all excuse me..."

And with that, he left Milanthir, Oley and Vindson and ran to the side of his partner, Karl, ready to cover him with his crossbow, but taking the queue from Karl, Sam did not aim his crossbow in the direction of Pandaros, who had lowered his bow and was walking towards the medical building. Instead he drew on Kasimno and shouted,

"Drop your sword, young man. Don't make this harder on yourself. You have some explaining to do."

[ 03-11-2006, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #220
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Karl, responding to Pandaros' last action

Karl watched Pandaros walk towards the medical building and nodded his approval. The poor guy had offered to help the town and was rewarded by an attack from a teammate. He then realized what Pandaros had said about Sever and the fugitives and ran towards the Inn. Sever was alone and facing off against the fugitives?! How in the world did he even find out that they were in the Inn? He would have to find all that out later. Right now, he just wanted to keep another man from dying today. He looked back over his shoulder and saw Sam confronting Kasimno. What had gotten into that boy? He always seemed so nice, but since his parents' death...he had been acting wierd these days. He knew Sam would take care of the kid.

He spotted Sever and saw the Innkeeper slam the door in his face.